Startup warning message… every… time…

Homepage Forums Technical Support Startup warning message… every… time…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fallbalance
    Participant

I’m really enjoying using VorpX for playing on my 110″ projector setup — currently blown away by how good Dirt Rally 2.0 looks just using ‘Z-Normal’ 3D (geometry doesn’t seem to work for this game, but it’s fine).

Anywho, I’m finding it aggravating at this point to keep seeing the “3d displays are not officially supported’ message every time I start the game (or any game for that matter). I’m often not even in the same room as my computer when I start a game (using a controller and Steam Big Picture mode). I have to get up, walk to my computer, press ‘ctrl-alt-shift’, then walk back to the theatre room every single time. After reading it the first fifteen times, I have it burned into my brain at this point, and I no longer need to see and acknowledge it… I’ve searched high and low to find a way to disable this, but cannot see any options anywhere.

This is a minor complaint, to put some perspective on it. I’m really glad I decided to purchase VorpX and am really impressed. I’m just trying to further tweak my experience here. Any ideas / workarounds?

luka2099
    Participant

On general optiom click on
    ” hide important notification”

fallbalance
    Participant

I’m not sure if this changed in a recent version, but on my end it specifically says “hide less important notifications”. It sounds like a matter of minor semantics, but the “less” in that statement indicates that it won’t touch “more” important notifications. I’ve tried this a few times, and it does nothing for the bothersome notification, so I guess this is considered a “more” important one… Is there something obvious that I’m missing here?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s the option luka2099 meant. The generic 3D warning is not affected by it though. However, the message fades away after two or three minutes automatically, so you don’t really have to walk to your PC and disable it manually.

fallbalance
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! Before you told me this, I hadn’t yet given enough time before manually closing the message to see it fade away automatically. Now I can just ignore it for a few minutes and it’s gone, without having to ritualistically get up and go to the other room every time I start a game.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!