Steam games crash

Homepage Forums Technical Support Steam games crash

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bimse1234
    Participant

WHen i try to open black ops 2 and metro LL it just goes black screen and says the game stops working. WHen i stop the Vorpx they work again. Why? :s

Ralf
    Keymaster

If this happens constantly try to disable the Steam Overlay. Shouldn’t be an issue, but is worth a try.

Also: Do other Steam games work, or are only these two failing?

bimse1234
    Participant

These are the only two games i got that i think that should work with my Oculus and Vorpx

Ralf
    Keymaster

please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com with a brief description of your issue

willypat
    Participant

Happy with Vorpx…steam Portal 2 crashes also. After about two minutes. Borderlands 2 on steam seems to work fine.

jasonatokc
    Participant

disabled steam overlay reset to defaults on my radeon 7970 and now I am getting the following message right after I press play in the menu

The direct3d 11 device has been removed or has crashed. This requires the game to exit. please ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics device and restart the game. the sound still plays in the background until I clear the message

Ralf
    Keymaster

The first update (due in a week or so) will have quite a few changes regarding the startup process. This should help with many (hopefully most) Steam/VAC related crashes on game start.

gander
    Participant

I’m having the exact same problem. Every since I installed Vorpx, Steam games that are expected to hook with Vorpx crash at the launcher or barely into the game.
    This includes:
    Bioshock Infinite
    Skyrim
    Portal 2

Other steam games work fine (i.e. XCOM, Dawn of War 2 – anything not advertised as compatible with Vorpx). I’ve completely uninstalled Vorpx and I still get the crashing. Anyone have any ideas?

jayffe
    Participant

hello gander,
    did you manage to make your steam games to work.
    i have the same problem and i’m stucked…
    thx :)

tola5
    Participant

any find a solution most of my game also just crash pillars of eternity just start but only on mornitor

Ralf
    Keymaster

Starting on monitor: did you follow the DK2 Setup Guide in the vorpX help? It explains how to set things up correctly to make games show in the Rift. A few games however might require you to set the Rift as primary monitor (also explined in the guide).

Crashes: hard to recommend anything specific without knowing details, but maybe something on your PC interferes with vorpX. Many other programs also hook into games, which may cause issues. The trouble shooting guide in the vorpX help has a few hints in this regard.

If going through the trouble shooting guide does not solve your problem, please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com including your system specs, a more detailed description of your problem, and any error messages that might be shown (ideally as screenshot).

tola5
    Participant

Hi I will just like to say thx for you time to answers me . I can first test it 1 day time are download GTA 5 and rockstar server are slowwww so will not try too much to it down

Karlor
    Participant

No kidding its slow lol Installing this game reminded me of the old days when it would take longer to get the game running then you even had interest in playing it. I hope GTA 5 was worth the wait and head aches lol I’ll know in about another hour and half.

tola5
    Participant

Hi thx work now I set rift as primer mornitor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!