FS2019 Steam overlay issues.

Homepage Forums Technical Support FS2019 Steam overlay issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kulminaatio
    Participant

I have been trying to find solution to these judder issues im having with Farming Simulator 19 and one thing I haven been able to test, is fully disable Steam overlay – which seems to cause problems here and there, not just in FS19. It seems that disabling it in Steam settings does nothing. Ralf has given instructions before, where you need to rename or delete the GameOverlayRenderer64.dll -file, but it seems that even that trick cant be done anymore, since renaming/deleting that .dll -file and trying to launch any game just gives you a prompt, where it says that Steam needs to update itself before I can continue using Steam. And after that update, the .ddl file is recreated.

So… any new tricks/ideas, how to fully disable Steam Overlay?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately Valve broke the existing workaround in the latest Steam version since they now check for the DLL on every game launch. I have it on my to-do list, for now try to switch to SteamVR, which might help somewhat. Nothing else I can recommend at this point.

Kulminaatio
    Participant

Ok, yes I tried that already, but no help. Quess I just have to wait untill you figure some new workaround. Nice to hear its in your todo-list :)

fdrlogging
    Participant

did you guys ever find a workaround for this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

This issue should not occur anymore. If it still does, please try the following things:

1. Disable the Steam overlay on the game’s property page in Steam.
    2. Try switching to Z3D and/or reduce graphics settings.
    3. Enable ‘Fluid Snyc’ on the ‘Display’ page of the vorpX ingame menu.
    4. If possible install the game on a SSD to minimize loading hiccups.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!