Steam Overlay

Homepage Forums Technical Support Steam Overlay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chinny_reckon
    Participant

I purchased and installed VorpX today. I have many games in steam which I play using a steam controller which has its keys etc configured per game in steam. I believe that I need the steam overlay active and to launch the games from big picture mode in order for my games to use the controller setup properly. I have tried launching games (e.g. Star Wars Battlefront 2) in this way with VorpX watcher picking up the game launch. When I do this the games wont launch properly. They lauch fine without VorpX, and fine with vorpx but without steam launching from big picture mode. However in doing the latter I cant use my steam controller setup.

Is there some incompatibility between VorpX and the steam overlay?

Does any one know how to get my steam controller and its configs working with VorpX?

thanks in advance

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX tries to block various overlays (Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG) as a precautionary measure since they might cause conflicts in some cases. Usually they don’t though. You can disable that in the config app (“General” page > “Misc.” > “Try to block known game overlays”).

Whenever you encounter issues with hooking into games after disabling this option, the first thing you should try is re-enabling it.

chinny_reckon
    Participant

Thanks for your help ill try that

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!