Stereo is incorrect – HP Reverb G2

Homepage Forums Technical Support Stereo is incorrect – HP Reverb G2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ovo
    Participant

I noticed only recently a discrepancy between the stereo in VorpX and the WMR overlay. When I open the overlay, it’s immediately obvious there’s something wrong, it’s painful for the eyes.
    I’ve had the same issue before with the game DCS World and it was fixed using their “WMR Debug Tool” (https://forum.dcs.world/topic/214525-wmr-debug-tool-cross-eye-alignment/), applying the “swap top and bottom” thing to both eyes.

I use Vorpx sparsely so the fact I’ve noticed this recently doesn’t mean the issue is recent. But it could related to the fact I recently upgraded to Win 11 and also installed the OpenXR dev tools and had the “Use latest preview runtime” turned on for some time. I noticed the issue after having turned it off though.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Stereo is perfectly fine per default. If you happen to have expert settings enabled and tinkered with the focal offset setting in the vorpX menu, please reset that to default. Tinkering with that setting is the only thing that can potentially cause misaligned stereo 3d as far as vorpX is concerned. The only correct value here is the default (0.0).

Ovo
    Participant

Focal offset or other settings aren’t at fault because even the room (outside the screen) shows the discrepancy.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Under normal circumstances 3D in the cinema environment works perfectly fine, just like it does in any native VR game. If something is off in the cinema environment, please try a full factory reset (config app). If afterwards you still encounter this issue, please check whether you made any canges to your WMR/OpenXR configuration that could possibly have messed things up for you.

TightAssPants
    Participant

I don’t think it has anything to do with Vorpx. I’ve been using a Samsung Odyssey+ for over 3 years and very recently had an alignment issue everywhere including the WMR home. I suspect the problem is from Microsoft itself. They’re always dropping the ball or perhaps it’s done on purpose. I have never felt crosseyed before these last couple of months. I’m pretty sure it’s one of these stupid Windows updates that ruined it. Don’t ruin your eyes because you felt you spent too much money for a paper weight. Run the vrcmd.exe in steamvr, I’m pretty sure all the WMR headsets will read a misalignment. Good thing I still use my trusty Oculus CV1. I guess it’s time to just toss it in the trash. Good luck with trying to get Microsoft to lift a finger.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!