Sterescopic Convergence wrong in every game

Homepage Forums Technical Support Sterescopic Convergence wrong in every game

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jwvanderbeck
    Participant

I’ve tried multiple games now and in every one of them, the stereoscopic convergence is very bad. Only a small slice of the scene is properly converged. Everything else is off resulting in doubled up objects and discomfort.

I’d set vorpx to not use my Rift profile and manually dialed in my IPD of 65mm, but it didn’t make any difference.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There may be an IPD issue, please try to lower it. I got one similar report recently, and apperently lowering the IPD solved it. Will be investigated. You definitly shouldn’t use an Oculus Profile, that’s buggy in the current release for sure.

Probably not your issue, but just in case: Make sure games run at 1920×1080 for DK2 and 3D-Strength isn’t set too high.

jwvanderbeck
    Participant

There may be an IPD issue, please try to lower it. I got one similar report recently, and apperently lowering the IPD solved it. Will be investigated. You definitly shouldn’t use an Oculus Profile, that’s buggy in the current release for sure.

Probably not your issue, but just in case: Make sure games run at 1920×1080 for DK2 and 3D-Strength isn’t set too high.

I originally did have a profile set, then I turned it off because of the sticky. Dont’ know if there might be some bug that is still using the profile? The IPD of 65mm is correct though. I will try lowering it in case there is some bug, but 65mm is the right number for me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Make sure all games are set to 1920×1080 if you use a DK2, also please make sure that you don’t have any unusual GPU scaling settings in your displays drivers control panel. I’m not sure anymore whether you use Win8. In that case, please check the Win8 sticky above.

Unfortunately I do not know currently what might cause a general convergence issue besides using an Oculus Profiles, which is a confirmed bug, and cannot replicate it at this point in time. Sorry for not being able to help you better in this regard.

jwvanderbeck
    Participant

Ok I need to do some more testing but it looks like lowering the IPD does fix the issue in VorpX.

However the odd thing is that I know the IPD of 65mm is correct as it works properly, and more importantly is comfortable in every other game.

In VorpX though in a quick test, lowering it to around 62mm-63mm does seem to fox the convergence.

All my settings are correct in regards to resolution, rotation, etc. I’ve been using the DK2 in many games and in may situations that require different workarounds, so i’ve quickly gotten comfortable with all the knobs and dials :)

Like I said 65mm works proper in everything else so I suspect you have a bug somewhere in your IPD handling.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad you found a way to make it work. I will check whether there is a bug in screen metrics related calculations somewhere.

bcozier
    Participant

This is definitely something off in vorpx, because according to my oculus profile I should have an IPD of 69.8 which works fine in all demos. However in Vorpx I have to use 64.8 otherwise it is way off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!