Stop by and say hi

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Stop by and say hi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unclebob
    Participant

Hi

I am Unclebob.

I have been playing with stereo 3d in one form or the other since the late 1990s.

I have a DIY Rift based on the Nexus, Splashtop, Freepie and various current stereo 3d drivers and my dev kit should be in the second batch.

Thank you for devoting your time to get a driver workable for the get go.

Good luck with the project and see you in the game.

UB

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thank you, for stopping by and saying hi.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ralf are you in the early kickstarter group?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I backed the Kickstarter on day one. If all goes well (including shipping to Europe), I should get my devkit relatively early.

unclebob
    Participant

Good call Raff.

I hesitated and now have to wait.

The guys have done well from what I have seen so far.

On the demo map if anyone is in the South of England

UB

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ralf,

It’s an exciting time right now as it seems the Rifts will be shipping to the early supporters soon. Hopefully you get your rift in the next week or two and we can get this party started. I, as I’m sure many of the others on here, have years of experience tinkering with 3d vision and will help beta test things for you if you need that help. For now I will just try to help spread the word.

The Vireio Perception drivers seem to be dominating the google search results for Oculus Rift drivers. I think you already answered this, but from what I’ve seen the VorpX drivers should be better in many ways, correct?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX supports many more games, its default 3d-mode is nearly twice as fast (a ‘classic’ 3d mode is still there though, but not for all supported games), and there are a few unique features that ease your life with older games on the Rift. More on that shortly before release. I’m quite confident that you don’t want to miss at least some of them, once you know about them.

And thanks for spreading the word, that’s always welcome. :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!