street fighter 4

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion street fighter 4

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    3dRat
    Participant

I tryed that game and It can be played using the EdgePeek feature. But sadly it’s not stereoscopic. Can we escpect support for this kind of games? I mean to play them as in front of a big screen (thanks to EdgePeek mode) but with full 3d stereo support. I would be very helpfull for some third person games.
    It would be nice that the head tracking were (when in that mode) only “outside” the screen when in that mode. Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi 3DRat,

No promises regarding stereo support, but I’ll look into it, can’t hurt to have one or two fighting games supported. Getting correct head tracking in a game like this is not very likely, unless it supports looking around with the mouse or the gamepad, which I don’t think is the case.

Although theoretically it is possible to rotate the camera even without mouse look, in almost all games this introduces heavy clipping issues, so it’s not a viable option in practice.

3dRat
    Participant

thanks! I think could be a great idea to boost this modality (“big 3d stereo screen simulator”) (not only for fighting games but most of 3rd person games, all of those cause severe motion sick when triying to play them inmersively..), because the 3d stereoscopic is way better with the rift than with any other tech (even 3ds)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!