Stuck attaching to wow.exe. Is there a way to load wow profile for wotlk 3.3.5a?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Stuck attaching to wow.exe. Is there a way to load wow profile for wotlk 3.3.5a?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    darrelz
    Participant

Title

darrelz
    Participant

A followup question. I would prefer to use rewasd for my keymapping (because it lets me keep same control scheme between PC, VR and steam deck).

I tried changing the control modes but all of them seem to force additional functions onto my gamepad. Is there any way to make vorpx not map anything to a normal gamepad?

Regarding my original question, I was able to load the game in vorpx by changing to an unrecognized exe name. But how do I give vorpx the information it needs to enable geometry3d for it?

darrelz
    Participant

Solved the gamepad thing. Only thing I’m looking for now is any way to make vorpx handle this older version of the game properly. Geometry3d, fov and anything else it might know to apply. Is there a way to do that?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The profile only supports the regular build with the ‘DX11 Legacy’ renderer. Older DX9 versions are not supported.

darrelz
    Participant

I’ve read about people getting unsupported games to work by using a profile from another game that is compatible.

Since I’m using dx9 wow, could there be another profile that would be compatible with it?

Vorpx did at one time support these old wow versions, wouldn’t it be doable to support them with optional profiles? It’s not just me, there’s quite a lot of people playing on pservers with version 1.12, 2.4.2 and my 3.3.5a. Legion too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!