Stuck with Hellgate

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Stuck with Hellgate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Hello there, ive been trying to run Hellgate: London with G3D Mode. With 3D -Vision the game is a serios hack n slay experience. The thing is the Company used its own game engine, “with Havok FX” physics. Ive tried a few profiles from games around 2007 using Havok without success. I know havok is not a game engine but that was the only chance for me to try something out.

Has anyone got Ideas besides “trying profiles” ?

Any comments welcome.

RJ

Ralf
    Keymaster

Havok is ‘just’ a physics engine and unrelated to graphics rendering. It may be used by devs together with any 3d engine. You best bet in regard to games with unknown/inhouse DX9 engines is the Unreal Engine 3 profile.

RJK_
    Participant

Oh my goodness, i just found a profile in the cloud that really workes in G3D !
    And guess what, is uses the Gothic 3 Profile. I gave the profile some more depth and changed it into Full VR Mode. Nice 3rd person view now with a huge zoom range. Increase 3D FOV enhancement for an even larger overwiev. (just in case someone is looking for Hellgate London for PC in VR .

The cloud is a REAL good thing !

VorpX

RJK_
    Participant

This lead me to a question,

some people dont comment their profiles.
    Is it posssible to find out what was the base of a modified profile ?
    May be a HEX Header or something i could read out ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Might have made sense to store that information, but it isn’t. When you make a copy of a profile, a new id is generated for the copy and there is no way retrieve the old id afterwards.

RJK_
    Participant

Ralf, is it possible to get in touch with you via Email ? I used the Contact Form for some comments before but i wasnt shure if they have reached you. I have some constructive thoughts which i would prefer not discuss in the forum.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!