Stuttering in game when using Xbox gamepad for moving

Homepage Forums Technical Support Stuttering in game when using Xbox gamepad for moving

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    chtiblue
    Participant

Hi,
    I got heavy stuttering in game when using Left Axis Xbox gamepad for moving.

The FPS are going down from 40-45 to 15fps when using Xbox gamepad for moving.

It seems to have a conflict with Xbox gamepad but only with the left axis because right Axis and all buttons of the Xbox gamepad don’t have this problem.

It’s ok soon as I use keyboard for moving.

So I use keyboard in left hand for moving and gamepad in right hand for other stuffs but not very praticable…

Any suggestions, I should haved missed something in settings??

Ralf
    Keymaster

Without knowing what game this is, I can just guess, but it’s likely a game where mouse/keyboard input and gamepad input at the same time do not work well.

Since vorpX emulates a mouse for head tracking (unless DirectVR memory scanner tracking is available), the solution to such issues is a gamepad > keyboard/mouse mapper. vorpX has one built in that can be activated and configured on the input page of the vorpX menu (‘X-Box Gamepad Override’).

The second option (only really makes sense in immersive screen/cinema mode) would be to set the head tracking sensitivity to 0.0. That way vorpX wouldn’t have to emulate mouse input anymore.

chtiblue
    Participant

Sorry for the lack of description.

It’s for Far Cry 5 (no EAC anymore) in Full VR mode

Every time I tried DirectVR memory scanner tracking, the scanning failed

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not an officially supported game. I saw your earlier post about EAC possibly being removed. If that’s the case, I’ll check it shortly.

The scanner parameters are from the game the user profile author built the profile from (probably FC4). Would be a suprise if it worked. The memory scanner is a highly complex beast with a boatload of parameters. More often than not it requires different settings even for games based on the same engine.

Without having tried it, I’d say with the current user profile your best bet is the gamepad > mouse/kb mapper mentioned above.

BTW: For FullVR games you will also have to take care of the field of view. If an official profile proofs viable, FOV will likely be handled automatically, but for the current user profile you will have to take care of it yourself.

chtiblue
    Participant

Thanks for checking at Far Cry 5!

Yes it’s the Dellrifter’s Far cry 5 Z3D profile.

I have the HP reverb Headset.

This gamepad issue is not present all the time, it appears and disappears ingame at moment

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try the “X-Box Gamepad Override” in the vorpX menu. It’s a reasonably well featured built in mouse/kb emulator that translates gamepad actions to kb/mouse.

If your issue is related to the game disliking mouse/kb and gamepad input at the same time (sounds that way), the override will help.

chtiblue
    Participant

What do I need to put in “Xbox gamepad override”, full, off, hide, partial?
    It was on partial

Ralf
    Keymaster

Use “full”, the default setup covers a typical first person shooter actions (WASD with the left stick, mouselook with the right stick etc.), but you probably will want to fine tune the key mapping for FC5 specifically afterwards.

The original user profile author probably played with mouse and keyboard and thus didn’t care about the gamepad settings, so you will have to do that part yourself.

chtiblue
    Participant

ok thanks I’ll try

Ralf
    Keymaster

Alternatively you can just play with mouse and keyboard, of course.

BTW: While I’m always willing to help, I can’t really give in-depth support for user profiles. Neither do I know them nor did I try the games in question. You can tell whether a cloud profile is a user profile from its name. Everything that doesn’t end with [vorpX] is a user profile

chtiblue
    Participant

Ok thanks, it seems to work when I override but I have to change ingame mapping because I have azerty keyboard and this profile seems to be for Qwerty keyboard ;)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!