Styx: Master of Shadows

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles Styx: Master of Shadows

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stryker_66
    Participant

Very nice Stryker, i had that one on my list too.

Cheers RJK_! Quite a list of games you’ve maintained, thanks for curating.

Another Unreal 3 Engine game to add to the list.

Styx: Master of Shadows (G3D)

Disabled a few annoying shader’s that did not render correctly in G3D. Interesting stealth/action/platforming game. Really no need for any FOV adjustments on this one. There is a way to bind multiple FOV settings to keystrokes which can be useful for “on the fly” switching. See this post on how to do this. I am using the 32bit exe on this one. Profile uploaded to the cloud.

Best,

Stryker

RJK_
    Participant

@stryker i meant my to do list

BTW: Allowing access to the shader tools for everyone was a very good decision, way better profiles can be created. (Not many people are making use of that though.) One thing i am wondering about is that the guys from the helixmod didnt jump on this, noone can tell me they will stick to 3D-Vision for the rest of their life.I have just played an hour or so with 3D-Vision last night, it was horrible compared to VorpX, everything was so small, i could barely spot my enemies (COD 4).

Stryker_66
    Participant

@stryker i meant my to do list

BTW: Allowing access to the shader tools for everyone was a very good decision, way better profiles can be created. (Not many people are making use of that though.) One thing i am wondering about is that the guys from the helixmod didnt jump on this, noone can tell me they will stick to 3D-Vision for the rest of their life.I have just played an hour or so with 3D-Vision last night, it was horrible compared to VorpX, everything was so small, i could barely spot my enemies (COD 4).

Helixmod has been a great source for understanding shaders and 3D gaming in general. It can be limited in scope for those that only understand the basics, like me :-). Many 3D vision users do want VR but there are a lot of good reasons to stick with 3D Vision, at least for now :-). VorpX would be great if it could implement some of the features that the helixmod and 3DMitigo have. One big one is having a couple of G3D strength settings on a per profile basis. Meaning, be able to switch the G3D strength with a hot key on the fly in game. Anyone using the helixmod and 3DMitigo treats this as essential. As you know, games will have different camera view distances, angles etc….and the ability to switch the G3D strength on the fly would be a huge and an awesome feature in VorpX. This can apply to cutscenes, switching game modes ie. switching when in strategy maps, menus, game modes etc….it’s really any essential since some new non VR or older games ever considered camera views within VR G3D

I still think 3D Vision on a 120 inch projector is still the best way to play most games for a couple of reasons.

– Graphic fidelity, VR headsets just cannot compete with this. Technology not there yet
    – Comfort, I have much shorter play sessions in VR, the headset can be annoying and uncomfortable over time
    – No ghosting on a projector, but actually VR would be superior if it wasn’t for the dam god rays
    – Software (other than VorpX) is not being developed in a way to play G3D games in a traditional way with keyboard + mouse, I prefer traditional right now
    – VR native games are just not that good, there are a few good titles but overall wave shooters are boring to me, enough zombie shit already

Anyway, I am optimistic for future VR since I’ll agree that VR with proper G3D games can be quite compelling. VorpX has been shaping up to be a really fine piece of software as features and profiles are being added.

Stryker

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!