Subnautica: Below Zero? Anyone got it working yet?

Home Forums General vorpX Discussion Subnautica: Below Zero? Anyone got it working yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Samizdat
    Participant

Presumably the new Subnautica game/content will work with VorpX since it’s the same engine etc as the first one but am trying to find out if anyone got it working with vorpX yet since I don’t want to buy it if it’s pancake only.

Yohaskan
    Participant

It’s works

dellrifter22
    Participant

That’s neat that the profile works with Below Zero. I figured it might.

I’ve updated the Subnautica(Rift) profile to now have scalable HUD and better inventory menus. There’s a chance it may also work for Below Zero’s HUD, but I can’t test it.

There’s also a chance that additional lighting/shadow layers were added in BZ that need fixing with the shader tool.

Samizdat
    Participant

Fucking THANK YOU. Couldn’t find an answer anywhere. So glad it works.

Yohaskan
    Participant

I have share my profil game in the Vorpx cloud
    – if you want to play with a gamepad controler, you have to set “Overide XBox gamepad” to “Full” in VorpX Input Setting menu. without that, your movements are jerky.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Before I dump money into this game, how does the VR fare? Is it close to the VR from Subnautica 1? As in, is it 3-D stereoscopic or just that rounded flat screen type of VR?

2060 RTX Super
    3900X Ryzen
    Can run pretty much anything.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Hopefully someone who’s played can answer you better, but I imagine it looks much the same as Subnautica 1 does in vorpX, with working G3D.

Try Subnautica 1 standard mode with it’s cloud profile to see how that game translates in vorpX. This should give you a pretty good idea what to expect in Below Zero.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

It doesn’t, its just pancake 360… what a disappointment. The first one works REALLY well with the vr settings but the second… I don’t know what they did but it doesn’t work the same.

2060 RTX Super
    3900X Ryzen

RJK_
    Participant

A few modified unity 5 engine profiles that you may try are:
    Aerea,Beholder,Black The Fall,Tokyo42,Vortex the Gateway.
    Another chance you may have by trying the following profiles:
    Victor Vran,Grid 2,Dirt Showdown,lego Jurassic World,Rise of Venice, Tropico 5.
    No guarantee though.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Doesn’t Subnautica have a VR mode built in since quite a while?

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

It works for the first subnautica but some genius in the dev team opted out of making VR for the second iteration.

2060 RTX Super
    3900X Ryzen

dborosev
    Participant

All we need now is a working coop mod for either of them, and I’d be happy. That Nitrox mod has been stagnant for 6 months. Sounds pretty buggy too.

pieterlouis
    Participant

Hi guys. Here’s a petition to get Subnautica Sub Zero VR support. Support the cause! Share the petition on all you social media channels.
    http://chng.it/fQq5dvYt

pieterlouis
    Participant

I just uploaded a profile to the cloud called “Subnautica Below Zero (G3D) peter”. It’s based on another profile for a game called “Aerea”. The 3D effect is perfect, very close to the original Subnautica. True Geometry 3D. Vorpx is truly amazing!

dellrifter22
    Participant

Glad you found one that works. I’ve found that with a bit of patience and testing, you can find one that works more often than not, thanks to the many profiles Ralf has already provided. Enjoy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.