Suggestion: Ability to flag cloud profiles as “not working”

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Suggestion: Ability to flag cloud profiles as “not working”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

I can’t count the number of cloud profiles I’ve imported, only to have no 3D effect at all. SO annoying. There seems to be tons of garbage out there.
    It would be simple enough to add the ability to “Flag not working” a profile, just like “endorsing” it, same functionality, different meaning.

RJK_
    Participant

Would make much more sense to inform the autor of the profile instead, noone checks profiles regularily just to see if someone has marked it as not working.

dborosev
    Participant

I would, before I downloaded it. It would save me from wasting my time.

Also, most of the authors I’m sure are not into “upkeeping” their one off profiles from 2 years ago.

RJK_
    Participant

Imagine i would keep all my 450+ profiles up to date. 10 people werent enough to hire.

Perhaps a cloud button, something like “inform author” would make sense, where the author receives an email directly from the cloud, otherwise you will probably not be able, or at least have trouble to get in touch if they dont read the forum regularily.

I find your idea not too bad, but that Flag should be stored locally because some profiles may work for one or another user.

dborosev
    Participant

Your profiles I definitely wouldn’t be worried about. :) But there are a ton of bad ones out. I was thinking if one received enough “flags”, then Ralf could periodically notice and delete the garbage profiles.
    I would want to see before I buy a game, if a profile has been flagged as bad. It would save me a lot of game returns.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!