Suggestion: bring back manual FOV configurability

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Suggestion: bring back manual FOV configurability

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Small thing, but it would be nice to have the old functionality that lets you manually set the FOV for the game (like optimizer used to). Not sure why you killed off the optimizer completely. I get that the preset modes set it automatically, but for straight up cinema play, some of the FOV’s aren’t wide enough for my taste. Yes I know, I can edit the config files to do this myself and I have been, but it was nice having the optimizer with its hooks into the configs do it for you. (since the auto-set is doing this now)

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is nothing to bring back since you can still do that. You can manually apply a +/- 20° offset to the computed value on the DirectVR page of the ingame menu. For games where the FOV is set via an ini tweak make sure to click “OK & Save” afterwards and restart the game if you are prompted to do so.

dborosev
    Participant

Ok I’ll check that out, thx. I just assumed DirectVR was only supported by some games and not others, so it wouldn’t work for everything.

dborosev
    Participant

Ok maybe I’m retarded, but some games don’t have that. (dark souls for instance). And pretty sure I’ve seen others without that too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not in all games the FOV can be adjusted by vorpX, that is exactly like before where the config app optimizer also did not cover every game. Some games just don’t allow to adjust the FOV via tweaking an ini file.

Every game that previously was handled by the config app optimizer is now handled by the new Direct VR optimizer though.

Nothing has been taken away, on the contrary.

dborosev
    Participant

I see, thanks for the clarification.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!