Support for pimax 180 fps?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Support for pimax 180 fps?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    broksampson
    Participant

Pimax doesn’t draw each eye at the same time. I spoke with them. They also stated if your gpu can handle it, you can set your flat games to 180 fps.

Ralf, will vorpx throttle this down to 90fps or will it work?
    Are you considering native support for this hmd?
    Engadget just gave it a shining review.

mr.uu
    Participant

Pimax‘ feature called Brainwarp does not render in real 180Hz. The trick is to render each 90Hz panel with a slight timing offset, so that you perceive 180Hz. But each eye still has an update rate of 90Hz. It supposely can do that in 60/120Hz, too.

The problem for pimax is, that the game rendering engine has to support it to be in any way effecient to save processing power. By default a VR or 3D game always renders two views at once and delivers these to the compositor of the hmd ecosystem. How Pimax manages to render only one view in the gameengine needs to be seen.

Afai understand how vorpX works, it could propably alter the viewport for all games which support geometry 3D, but the slight timing difference for each panel must be supported by the HMD hardware.

I did tell Pimax more than once to get in touch with Ralf, but if they ever will…

I am a backer of Pimax 8k and 8kx on Kickstarter and i think we should wait for the first official test of this feature. Personaly i doubt that it’s more than marketing..

broksampson
    Participant

Yes, it’s does I spoke to pimax engineer. It generates 180 fps alternates left and right eye at 90 fps with the screens flashing at half phase of each other. Your killin me bub.

mr.uu
    Participant

Then they need support from all the game engines out there. This will not happen…
    If it is so beneficial, why is there not one single test Software out there which shows the miraculous brainwarp?
    I tell you it will work only in their test Software or probably via a hack for a couple of games (i doubt).

Or if they work together with Ralf…

broksampson
    Participant

They really should work with ralf

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!