Syndicate (2012)

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Syndicate (2012)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    zahncisten
    Participant

So, Syndicate (2012) has a proprietary engine, but rjkole made a G3D profile for Knights of the temple! (It uses the same, proprietary game engine, but Knights of the Temple is a few years older)
    I tried it, but it didn’t hook (the game has a strange loading process). I tried a few other profiles, and it hooked really well with Payday 2 (its made by the same company). It runs in Znormal (no G3D at all), but tends to crash when in VorpX.
    I was wondering if someone more equipped in crafting profiles could use this information to possibly create a profile for this game? Thanks guys!

matteo39
    Participant

Oh, finally!

I hope you can ‘win’ this Challenge, to create a profile For syndicate :)

I’ll try too

matteo39
    Participant

maybe rjkole can say how he did a profile for “Knights of the temple”!

matteo39
    Participant

i’ve tried…

with payday 2 profile, vorpx hooks syndicate, there is “g3d” and “z-normal” options, but no real 3d effect!

matteo39
    Participant

Ralf, can you help us with Syndicate? :)

matteo39
    Participant

Why this Engine is so difficult to hook?

Jarilo
    Participant

I don’t wanna Necro this but Syndicate would be incredible with G3D in VR. Anyone have any luck?

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

man syndicate the original by bullfrog was one of my favorite games. We would heard everyone on the map into a small car and then have someone shoot a rocket at it.

Jarilo
    Participant

Yea, I’ve never played the top view classic ones. The shooter from 2012 though is criminally under-rated.

CyberJ
    Participant

To quote Jarilo above, .. “I don’t wanna Necro this” …. buuuuut, …

I like a challenge and decided to give this a try as I noticed a few days ago this game was laying dormant on my old pc and if I remember correctly it was a pretty good game which would likely be fantastic in Vorpx/VR.

Ok, so anyone trying to get this game to work, you NEED to add the “Syndicate.bin” file to vorpx and not the “.exe”.
    Once you do that the game will hook right away and you can see that there is indeed G3D at the menu screen.
    Unfortunately the moment you hit “A” or “Enter” to start a game then both the game and vorpx crashes to desktop without any warning/alert etc..
    (game loads and works fine on it’s own)

Of course I have tried all the usual ways to get this to work, as Admin and not, alternative hooking, windowed/fullscreen, graphics high/low, different resolutions and aspect ratios etc etc etc etc …
    So, after battling on with this for a few days, it seems to me that when the game loads into the menu screen the process “Syndicate.bin” is in the “Vorpx” task process list (the one where we add game file or process to a profile). But the moment you try to load a game from the menu that process disappears from the Vorpx task process list.
    Is this perhaps why Vorpx and the game immediately shuts down ?

@Ralf
    Is there anything that can be done with this game ?
    I understand this game is not available to purchase anymore, so if you do not have it then I guess we are out of luck.
    But if you do have it, then perhaps you could take a quick look ?
    I would be more than happy to provide my Vorpx logs data for you to look at.
    I took a peek and the log shows a successful hook upon loading into the menu, then at the moment of starting a game it states an “Access_Violation at address ******” (been a while since my developing days but iirc access violation is referring to something trying to access protected memory).

PD333
    Participant

I don’t have the game so can’t test it myself but I was checking out PCGamingWiki for Syndicate and saw a reference to Address Space Load Randomisation (ASLR). It’s a long shot, but it could be worth trying to disable ASLR for the game and seeing if that helps.

PCGamingWiki – Syndicate

CyberJ
    Participant

I don’t have the game so can’t test it myself but I ……

Thanks for the reply PD333, appreciated :)

Unfortunately I tried the fixes on the PCGW page and still the same issue.
    The crash after clicking to start game seems to only happen when Vorpx is attached, the game works fine without Vorpx.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Lets see if we can get Syndicate 1993 to work.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!