System Shock 2 and Black Mesa work really well

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings System Shock 2 and Black Mesa work really well

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    moarveer
    Participant

SS2 only works in Z mode but I can be tweaked to look really good, now I only need to be brave enough to play the game in VR lol.

Black Mesa works really well in Geometry 3d, still my poor 7970 isn’t able to make it work at decent fps. Still Z 3d mode work pretty decently and with everything on. Just remember to turn vsync on, max fov in game and run it at 1080p.

peteski123
    Participant

I can’t seem to get Voprx to hook onto Black messa, what are you doing please as it doesn’t have its own exe?
    Many thanks

moarveer
    Participant

Nothing special, I installed as suggested and booted from Steam, and Vorpx hooked it.

first_emperor
    Participant

Try creating a vorpX shortcut for the game, that helps most of the times. Also make sure you’ve got the Rift in extended mode and as the primary monitor. No other programs should be running that can hook into a game, like fraps, xfire, sweetfx etc.

lipplog
    Participant

Just remember to turn vsync on, max fov in game and run it at 1080p.

When I run Black Mesa on my DK2 and the latest Vorpx, the image I get is squeezed as if it were being compressed by an invisible bodice.

So I have three questions:

1. When you say to turn on v-sync, do you mean the in-game option “Wait for Vertical-sync”? (I already have v-sync on in my nividia global settings).

2. I found the in-game FOV control, but moving it all the way to the right does nothing.

3. You say run the game at 1080p, but the nearest in-game resolutions available are 1024×768 or 1152×864.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

moarveer
    Participant

1. yeah that’s it.

2. Hmm actually I may have used console commands to improve fov, check for HL2 commands for improving fov. You can also try the letterbox view instead of 1:1

3 I’m sure I set 1080p, remember to change the perspective to panoramic or widescreen to show those resolutions.

lipplog
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!