System Shock: Enhanced

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles System Shock: Enhanced

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

System Shock: Enhanced (G3D)

The remake / remaster of this stone old DOS game has now a profile for VorpX. Expect monsters and certain objects to be flat and pixely sprites but the environment is completely 3D. This profile will work with the Enhanced Edition Only. No wrappers ect required !

– Select D3D Renderer
    – Environment completely 3D
    – Optimized for Cinema Modes
    – Hide HUD (ingame setting) for better view
    – Monsters and objects are partly 2D (sprites)
    – Profile available at the cloud

apollon01
    Participant

Wow, such an oldie classic… I wish I had time to play them.

apollon01
    Participant

Nevermind. I bought it anyway!
    It is on sale on Steam: SSE and SS2 bundle for four euros. A steal. Now I need to find some time to actually play them at least for a while :-)

Destroy
    Participant

Interesting. I wonder why it has to be the Enhanced Edition only.

RJK_
    Participant

The original is a DOS game too and way too old for VR. You could play the original with “Dosbox” but without 3D reconstruction.

Valet2
    Participant

Wow, it actually worked!

I had to change most settings to 1.00 for myself. The game stucks at cyborg conversion though. And it doesn’t render stuff which it thinks is invisible to the player, but should be visible to the virtual head when I peek the corner.

But anyway, I always wanted to experiense the VR in this game since I’ve heard from Mark LeBlanc while he was testing the VFX how he leaned back on a chair staring at the ceiling in the game and thinking that this is real.

✓ Check.

Malsyste
    Participant

Im getting about 1fps from launch forward, does this profile still work for anyone?

Obneiric
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same issue as above. Shame, did a vorpx update break this? I tried rolling back to an older version of the game without success.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Works okay for me.

RJK_
    Participant

You may need to change your headset sync from old to new or vice versa. Look on the vorpX 3D Settings page. Just a guess.

Obneiric
    Participant

It was stupidity on my part, my game wasn’t even booting normally outside of VorpX. Changed Windows compatibility and VorpX is working great.

real_trisk
    Participant

Is anyone able to get this working anymore? I played it about a year ago and it was fantastic, but now I’m trying to run it and it won’t go into 3D at all. It won’t even give me the option for ‘Geometry – 3D’, only off, and the two z-buffer modes, which do not work either, even though they are selectable… (not that I’d want to use z-buffer 3D… it’s terrible.)

Can anyone else get it working, or did the most recent patch to the game break VR somehow? I really wanna play it again. :(

RJK_
    Participant

Looks like they ve swapped over to a different engine. Ive uploaded a new profile to the cloud. Now you have two different profiles that you can choose from.
    One for v1.1.8 and one for the current one v1.2.16. Remember though many objects are 2D and cant be used for 3D. They simply appear in 2D, just as before. Tipp: Make a backup of the whole game folder and run the game with the shortcut extension -no-social . This “should” prevent from unwanted updates. Dont start steam and/or make your PC offline.

real_trisk
    Participant

Thank you so much for fixing this, RJK! I’ll try it later today. Yeah, I know monsters are sprites, don’t worry. :)

Destroy
    Participant

Can someone confirm this game still works with VorpX please?

I’m getting 1 fps and ghosting back ground with no mouse cursor in game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!