System Shock: Enhanced

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles System Shock: Enhanced

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Oisin
    Participant

Can someone confirm this game still works with VorpX please?

I’m getting 1 fps and ghosting back ground with no mouse cursor in game.

Hello there, I happen to messing around with vorpx today so I just tested this out for you.
    It’s working very well, currently there are two versions from RJK_ one for game version 1.2.16. and one for older versions, you may need to update which profile you are using.

I tested with the newer version and whatever version of the game is currently up to date on steam.

Northo
    Participant

Dear fellow gamers, after my first test in march 2021 the game works still too slowly and is not playable for me. Even within the VorpX menue the mouse is very slow moving. I have the newer GoG Version 1.2.16 (64 bit) and use the VorpX profile v1.2.16 (G3D). My System is Win10 64.

Is it up to the GoG Version only and works the Steam version always acceptable?

RJK_
    Participant

Things i a can image of: Possibly too high resolution chosen or hardware too weak. Try to disable any advanced graphics options in game. Can not say if the GOG game is the same as from steam. Try windowed if that is available. Hard to say what else could cause this. Did it work in March ?

Northo
    Participant

Thanks for replay RJK,
    no it also doesen’t work last march. My CPU is Ryzen 7 5800x and GPU is GeForce RTX 3070. I will try out some options and replay later in time.

RJK_
    Participant

Dont have the game installed currently, the first thing i would try is windowed if the game has that option. IIRC i solved a “slow game and mouse pointer” this way before.

Northo
    Participant

Thank you very much RJK_, you remembered correctly, playing windowed is the solution. The game runs phantastic now. I am totally enthusiastic about Vorpx with the possibilities to see the old game classics in VR or 3D and the always excellent support in this Forum.

Destroy
    Participant

Just confirming the 1.2.16 profile does work well but the game must be in D3D, OpenGL and Vulcan did not hook for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!