Test Drive Unlimited FullVR Support

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Test Drive Unlimited FullVR Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SamboNZ
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m just about ready to pull the trigger on buying VorpX, primarily for use with Test Drive Unlimited (v1), but I wanted to check something regarding FullVR support for this title.

I’ve found mention of TDU working with VorpX, but not in FullVR mode due to lack of head-tracking.

However, another post seems to suggest that the head tracking issue is resolvable if the game supports head movement via mouse, which TDU does.

Has anyone managed to get TDU working in FullVR with head tracking?

RJK_
    Participant

Many racing games cant be played with Full VR because the head cant be disconnected from the cockpit view. Not shure if VorpX will be able to handle this with the new weapon down function, havent tested that yet. A good solution for this matter is to extend one of the cinema modes to the max in size, then adjust headtracking for your desire. This comes pretty close to real headtracking. Of course you are not able to turn your head around or look up and down. You will always have a small black border remaining. But for the main purpose, getting your head disconnected from the main view its a pretty good solution. Keep in mind you wont be able to adjust FOV in many such games which would make them look awful anyway in Full VR mode.

SamboNZ
    Participant

Thanks RJK,

What do you mean exactly when you say “the head cant be disconnected from the cockpit view”?

SamboNZ
    Participant

IF you mean ‘you can’t move the character’s ‘head’ or view separately within cockpit view’, then this is not the case with TDU as you can remain in cockpit view but also move your in-game head / view with the mouse.

RJK_
    Participant

You have two ways to move your actors head in Full VR mode. By using either keys or TrackIR. Cant tell you much about TrackIR though. There dont seem to be any settings where you can use a mouse for left/right view directly. “TrackIR” may solve that problem.

SamboNZ
    Participant

Ok, well TDU supports head movement by keys and I could potentially use TrackIR / OpenTrack with my Rift CV1, so there’s a few potential options there!

Thanks for your help!

SamboNZ
    Participant

For the record, TDU DOES work quite well with VorpX and my CV1.
    I got it working with FullVR and full head tracking.

I have uploaded my configuration to the VorpX profile cloud under the name ‘Test Drive Unlimited’. Note that the ‘Test Drive Unlimited (G3D)’ profile is a different one (I couldn’t get this going with my setup).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!