The base to start the game on Vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support The base to start the game on Vorpx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    firmox
    Participant

Iam realy new on this program and never be able to make it work even a litle.
    I see a couple of tutorial for vorpx but not one with the version 17.3 . And i see that the option are not all the same and wondering if to start a game on vorpx do i need to import the basic profil of a game to the original game file or what and if yes did i need to replace the original exe file by this one.
    Can you please help me getting started cause in every tutorial there skipping the basic principle to start vorpx correctly whit HTC VIVE steam VR an i am not aware of this basic principle so if one of you could help me it whould be realy apreciated.
    Also i am using htc vive on steam Vr do i have to get steam vr intro to be running before or just steam vr on.
    Thank you in advance!

firmox
    Participant

i was meaning do i have to run home steam vr before or just steam vr open.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The only things you need to do is selecting “Steam VR” as your headset type in the vorpX config app and making sure that vorpX is running (a tray icon on your taskbar is shown when that is the case).

Normally Steam VR should launch automatically when you start a game that vorpX hooks into but you can also start it manually before you start the game.

firmox
    Participant

With the (custom game profil) option do i have to import the desired game profil to the original file game and replace the original exe. file by this new one or……….

Ralf
    Keymaster

If a profile for a game you want to play is already in the local profile list, you do not have to import it since you already have it locally. All profiles in the local profiles list are automatically active and vorpX hooks into the games when you start them.

firmox
    Participant

ok thank i’l try again.

firmox
    Participant

I try it but it doesnt work. there a window saying it ataching to the game but Nothing in the vr. I try whit home steam vr running ‘ without it with the launching game option ( with and without steam overlay) and the option cinema mode on and of. and still Nothing is showing in my Vr HTC VIVE. what am i doing wrong ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The obvious thing first: please double check whether “Steam VR” is selected as your headset type in the vorpX config app.

If you use multiple GPUs (or a laptop): please make sure that the internal Intel GPU is disabled and both your monitor and the headset are connected to the nVidia/AMD GPU.

Apart from that:

There might be an injection conflict with some other program on your PC. Many programs also hook into games and can cause such an issue. Not all of them are obvious.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall programs running in the background.

If you can’t solve the issue this way, please try to start a few games, then create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send that to support |at| vorpx com. I will then check whether I can find something that you may have overlooked.

firmox
    Participant

Ok steam vr is selected but before that could you please tell me . 1- i play the game one time before till i can save. Check
    2- do i start my vr head set or the vorpx before.
    3- is my vr should be in steam home mode or just open
    4- do i lauch the game from steam or from the icon on the desk and if i start the game from steam do i have to uncheck the lauching option (cinema mode vr) or no.
    5- do i have to set something in the vr head set setting.

firmox
    Participant

All rigth it work after i deleted my anti virus. Is there way it can work with Mc cafe install on my computer?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can exclude the vorpX program folder from scanning, The folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX.

If you are using Windows 10 there isn’t much need for an extra AV scanner though. It comes with its own (Windows Defender), which provides good protection without being as invasive as some other scanners.

firmox
    Participant

Ok thank you very much for all the quick answer!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!