The Beast Inside (G3D & Positional)

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles The Beast Inside (G3D & Positional)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    VRified Games
    Participant

Profile on the cloud

The intro is especially graphic in positional 3d….not for the faint hearted

GlennTidbury
    Participant

Hi,

Just bought vorpx specifically to play this game in vr, but I have no clue what to do to set it up correctly.

At the moment, it finds the profile, but the whole screen moves with my head, everything looks zoomed in so I’m missing edges of the screen, and whenever I click anything the sound cuts out and the game crashes….are you able to help me set this thing up?

dellrifter22
    Participant

This may be a trickier one to try as your first vorpX game, and isn’t on the supported list. I did try the demo though and saw good potential. I posted briefly about the settings I used along side the demo profile I put up on the cloud here.

Increasing Field of View (FOV) is important to relieve that zoomed in feeling, so be sure to follow those instructions.

Also, the EdgePeek function is great for seeing the edge of the screen when you need to in FullVR mode. Press middle mouse button to EdgePeek in and out.

I’m not sure about your clicking crash. Maybe running the game in Fullscreen mode instead of windowed could help. Probably best to see if this happens even without vorpX first.

VRified Games
    Participant

This profile was made with the demo, I still haven’t gotten around to purchasing the full release,

Some things to try,

Increase fov

Use image zoom to zoom out

I’ll update this profile when I get the full release of the beast inside

GlennTidbury
    Participant

Thanks anyway, but I’ve had to completely remove the software. Tried a few games from the compatible list, none worked properly, and they all crashed. One even crashed my system so bad that I couldn’t even tab out, ended up having to manually power off the pc, which fried one of my usb ports in the process.

Tried to contact vorpx, no reply at all so I claimed a refund through PayPal. Vorpx didn’t reply to them either.

steph12
    Participant

today i did a new profile with Z3D/G3D working. looks for The Beast Inside Z3D/G3D steph09.

open engine.ini located here C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\TheBeastInside\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

and add to the end the following adds (just copy/paste the content i provide here)

[SystemSettings]
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
    r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.MaxAnisotropy=16
    r.ViewDistanceScale=4
    foliage.LODDistanceScale=10
    grass.DensityScale=1.0
    r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2
    r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.01
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
    r.ShadowQuality=3
    r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=16
    r.Shadow.DistanceScale=2
    r.Shadow.MaxResolution=4096
    r.Shadow.MaxCSMResolution=4096
    r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.01
    r.Shadow.TexelsPerPixel=10
    r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=3.0
    r.MipMapLODBias=-2
    r.Shadow.CSMDepthBias=5

i highly recommand to play this game in Z3D if you dont have an ampere card else be ready for slideshow with anything higher than 1080p and even with that res performance in g3D is abysmal.

Z3D looks decently good tho !

for fov, use unreal engine unlocker, amazing little tool which allow many tweak for ue4 games !

enjoy !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!