"The configured device was not found"

Homepage Forums Technical Support "The configured device was not found"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NickHartman
    Participant

I just downloaded vorpX today, but I’ve had no luck getting it to work on my DK2.
    The Oculus Config Utility detects my Rift and camera, and the Oculus service is running. The Demo Scene works fine, and so do several other demos and applications.
    Whenever I try to run vorpX, either by running the vorpControl.exe or by pressing Apply in the config tool, I get the following message:

“The configured device was not found. Please make sure that you select the correct HMD and that your HMD is connected to your PC.”

My settings are:

Device Settings:
    Oculus Rift Devkit 2

Oculus Profile:
    Do not use an Oculus Profile

Display/Monitors:
    Show only on Rift DK2
    Disable Aero on game start
    Restore desktop windows

I am running the Rift as a second display in Extended Mode and it is turned on. My Oculus runtime is version 0.4.1. All antivirus programs and firewalls are disabled. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to (re)install the latest Oculus runtime from the Oculus website. Normally it should have been installed with vorpX, but maybe that failed in your case. My guess would be that somehow the runtime installation may not be complete.

Also please make sure to update the firmware of your DK2 to the version that comes with the latest runtime.

All that vorpX does when checking for the device is initializing the runtime with the according SDK call and afterwards checking the name of the device to determine its type.

NickHartman
    Participant

Well, reinstalling the Oculus runtime did make it work, which is strange because I’ve already done it twice before!
    I’m not sure why that was happening, but I’m glad it’s working now.

Thanks for the help, Ralf!

ATAC
    Participant

I use runtime SDK 0.4.3 because there are many games. Why vorpx doesn’t define oculus?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The current vorpX version (0.8.1) requires the Oculus runtime 0.5 or 0.6. The Oculus runtime often changes quite a lot from release to release currently, so supporting older runtimes isn’t possible.

The next vorpX version (0.9, due later this month) will require the Oculus runtime 0.7. According to Oculus this is the last one that introduces major changes, so there is some hope that from there on apps will stay compatible.

ATAC
    Participant

Thank u. But last version of runtime dont see my oculus((.

jtwxlii
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. DK2, runtimes 0501, 06, 07 and Vorpx refuses to see the oculus despite several installs/reinstalls.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Additionally to using the Oculus runtime 0.5/0.6, you may have to go back to an earlier version of your nVidia driver from before the 0.7 Oculus runtime release. For example 352.86. This was the official driver from the time vorpX 0.81 was built, so it’s the safe bet.

To be extra sure, please uninstall Oculus runtime and driver you are using now before installing 352.86.

vorpX 0.9 with Oculus runtime 0.7 support will be released next week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!