The forest working with vorpX

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion The forest working with vorpX

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Domaniac
    Participant

Hey there everybody!, Just wanted to tell you and i tested The Forest and my Cryengine project and they work with vorpX!!!!

You can add them to the games list if you want. Cuz they do support!

peteski123
    Participant

Does it work with 3d and head tracking?
    also what Cryengine project??

either it’s a bad day for me today or recent posts are cryptic lol

Domaniac
    Participant

Does it work with 3d and head tracking?
    also what Cryengine project??

either it’s a bad day for me today or recent posts are cryptic lol

lol and just a little thing i made in Cryengine to test it with the rift!!!! It’s amazing and yes the forest and cryengine works with head tracking!

peteski123
    Participant

oh really?, can you share this project? ;-)

peteski123
    Participant

ps.. what about 3d in The Forest, I only like to play in 3d? :-)

Domaniac
    Participant

ps.. what about 3d in The Forest, I only like to play in 3d? :-)

It works great it’s like you’re really there but it’s really zoomed so to get it to be in the right place so you can see the health and energy bar and you’re objectives you need to zoom out a little bit that you a little bit black in the sides but just little so it won’t bother you!

The Cryengine was just a map in cryengine i made for the oculus to test it so ehrn i’ll make my real game i’ll know it works!

peteski123
    Participant

Hi,
    I dl’d the game as I already had on steam in anticipation of either native or Vorpx support, however it does not work with 3d?.

When you bring up the Voprx menu in game it is disabled on 3d but you say you have it working on yours?
    Other than that yes It works well with head tracking and just have to zoom out a little but still no 3d and as I said I only like to play games in 3d?

Regards

Domaniac
    Participant

Hi,
    I dl’d the game as I already had on steam in anticipation of either native or Vorpx support, however it does not work with 3d?.

When you bring up the Voprx menu in game it is disabled on 3d but you say you have it working on yours?
    Other than that yes It works well with head tracking and just have to zoom out a little but still no 3d and as I said I only like to play games in 3d?

Regards

I don’t know why! It worked for me.

MoreDread
    Participant

I just bought an Oculus Rift and vorpX and tried to play TheForest.
    I think, at first it didn’t start on VR. Then I created a new profile for Forest at vorpx Configuration / local profiles. Now every time I start the game, vorpx just shows me the error “Injection failed: Unable to hook: TheForest.exe”. May it be caused through the config window Forest starts with? But how have you guys done it?

dborosev
    Participant

Hows the FOV on this? Playing first person games are hard if the FOV is too high and not adjustable.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Hi,

Regards

Hi,

Regards

Are you sure what you saw was in stereoscopic 3D and not just 2D with head tracking?

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Does this game work with G3D or no? I will buy it if it does.

dborosev
    Participant

Am I missing something? The forest is already VR…

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

wow totally missed that… hah..

thanks, got it today.

Destroy
    Participant

Problem is The Forest doesn’t support gamepad or mouse/kb in VR, ONLY VR ‘wands’.

Really sucks if you want to just sit, relax and chill.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!