The Future of vorpx, after the Cyberpunk 2077 Mod

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion The Future of vorpx, after the Cyberpunk 2077 Mod

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence1962
    Participant

@Ralf

I hope that the future of DX12 profiles will be Direct3D. Is it possible for you to modify step by step the most important engines to support Direct3D by Default ? The modding part will be still the job of our community, such as in the past in DX12 Z3D profiles, but we need Direct3D !

1. Unreal Engine, CryEngine, Unity
    2. Frostbite-Engine, Anvil, Snow Drop

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Sorry, i wrote Direct3D instead of DirectVR 3D !

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

I did notice that DAI is not supported with a G3D profile? Are all frostbite games only Z3D? Would be nice to have at least G3D, and that should be possible (TriDef had G3D for frostbite, so it’s been done before, indicating that it should be able to be done again.)

Lawrence1962
    Participant

The little competitor Helixvision supports Geo-3D in DAI. But you won’t have to use it without Vorpx. You can use a first Person Mod in FullVR with the Vorpx Desktop Viewer or the Tomb Raider Profiles, and use only the Geo-3D driver in SBS of Helixvision.

Michelangel0
    Participant

The little competitor Helixvision supports Geo-3D in DAI. But you won’t have to use it without Vorpx. You can use a first Person Mod in FullVR with the Vorpx Desktop Viewer or the Tomb Raider Profiles, and use only the Geo-3D driver in SBS of Helixvision.

what is DAI?

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Dragon Age: Inquisition

steph12
    Participant

if only Ralf could do the same with assassin creed valhalla, it’s been a year, ralf said many times that he will take a look at the game, but still nothing, i get he has others things to do, but he focused on one game with cyberpunk 2077, i wish he could do the same with ACV which is a great game, and a huge expansion is coming in march 2022 which will probably work just fine with a AER mod.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

I guess it’s too much effort for only on game, to change so many stuff in the code of vorpx, in order to AC Valhalla will work with vorpx in Z3D. Nobody knows if the next anvil engines will be so much incompatible with the vorpx code.

The tech behind the the three AFR 3D profiles, is reusable for the next VR Mods, and are worth the development time. But i would love to see a AC Valhalla VR Mod, too. But this game is not so popular like GTA5, RDR2 or Cyberpunk and we don’t know how it would be received in the community.

I would love to see a poll, which game should be the next VR Mod, like Luke Ross it does on his page. But Ralf has still to do the regular work at vorpx, and i guess there are only 2-3 VR Mods a year possible, because of the huge development time. Luke Ross is going to release one VR Mod per Month, but he has no vorpx to support nearly everything in Z3D or G3D and many of them in FullVR !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!