The new Oculus Rift S…(will it work with VorpX?)

Homepage Forums Technical Support The new Oculus Rift S…(will it work with VorpX?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    legaiaflame2
    Participant

The new Oculus Rift S is coming out this spring! Do you guys think it will still run fine with VorpX? Supposedly, it’s supposed to run everything the original Oculus Rift did…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Would be a huge surprise if it didn’t.

jjensson
    Participant

But the Rift S has a 80Hz display, and AFAIR vorpX has some features that work at a halved framerate of 45fps (90fps target). Wouldn’t that be an issue, or is this handled automatically by vorpX?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s not an issue. Wherever half the headset’s refresh rate is used, vorpX uses half the actual refresh rate, not fixed 45fps.

jjensson
    Participant

Makes sense. Thanks.

Titius Bode
    Participant

hi my vorpx has stopped working completely since I got an oculus s its says critical error try restarting vorpx or re-download it ..I dunno how to do that lol

NightHawk
    Participant

I have a Rift S, and I can tell you that buying VorpX was a VERY wise, good investment. I can play many games successfully (even Skyrim – and I don’t need to spend $60 on Skyrim VR). Yeah, you’ll need to tweak settings in individual games, but this software is incredible. I prefer Immersive Screen Mode so I can look around at my HUD and see everything. I can play Gothic 3, one of my most beloved games of all time, in perfect 3D, because of this software.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!