The Outer Worlds

Homepage Forums Technical Support The Outer Worlds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JochenH
    Participant

I have bought TOW from Epic Store and it runs fine. When I start it with VorPx it seems there is no profile attached. Starting other games I see a small window popping up saying “attached to …”. With TOW it does not happen. Maybe my problems follow already from this because I never play games without profiles.

The game starts up, head tracking is working and I choose the full VR option. But it still looks like I watch a close 3D screen I seem not be inside the world.

When I move my head in other games I watch around in the environment, but not with TOW. The whole 3D screen moves with me a bit and head tracking does not change what I see on the screen. This only works as usual with the rithg stick from XBox controller.

I guess attaching the profile would solve some issues. So pleas someone give me a hint how to do this!

I also read all previous information here in the forum, there were people with the same problems, but I still did not find out how to connect the profile.

JochenH
    Participant

I tried to attach a profile to the game. Just copied an existing one and added the outerworld.exe . So I hoped the game would attach this profile automatically when staring the game, but did not. So how can I force the attachment of a profile?

I recognized that the head tracking is working with my mouse. It does not matter how I configure the game, the head tracking works with mouse and right mouse button hold down.

I want to lower graphics by changing resolution. But than the screen stay black.

So I feel I need some help. Anybody out here?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is a default profile for the game. Please remove the profile you created for ‘outerworlds.exe’, that’s not the actual game .exe.

The actual game .exe is usually named (depending on the store you bought the game from): indianawindowsstore-win64-shipping.exe, indianaepicgamestore-win64-shipping.exe, indianasteam-win64-shipping.exe, or (maybe) indiana-win64-shipping.exe.

All of these are already assigned to the default profile, so normally the game should just work. If your actual game .exe is named differently, it would be great if you could let me know.

JochenH
    Participant

Okay I found this .exe file it is located at C:\Program Files\Epic Games\TheOuterWorlds\Indiana\Binaries\Win64 and the name is IndianaEpicGameStore-Win64-Shipping

I can start the game even without launcher by just starting this exe.

But still no profile attaches. I then made a copy of the outerworlds default profile and added the exe there. But I got a message that this exe is already known and belongs to the outerworlds profile.

I guess I am right that when starting up a game the “attaching to …” window must popping up!? It does not in this case, but with other games it does.

How can I proceed from here? Profile seems not to attach and head tracking is bound to right mouse button.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please double check the pinned trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum (or in the vorpX help) in that case. Such an issue in almost all cases is caused by some interfering application that prevents vorpX from hooking into games. The guide has more details on that.

JochenH
    Participant

I read all carefully, stopped all programs in the background, deinstalled the game and reinstalled it. When starting it still does not hook up to a profile.

I give up now, other games like Dishonored or Bioshock Infinity just work with VorPx and I dont have deeper knowledge to find out why Outer Worlds does not hook up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!