The screen moves to the left

Homepage Forums Technical Support The screen moves to the left

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kaossino
    Participant

Hi, I have always had this problem when I use vorpX and decided to ask for information.
    When I use the Oculus Rift with vorpX in the cinema or immersive mode, after a while the screen moves to the left and I have to center it again. After a few minutes I have to center it again and so on.

For example this happens to me with Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3, and others

Does anyone know how to avoid it?

kaossino
    Participant

does anyone have any ideas?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I don’t have the answer you want, but will tell you that I deal with drift on my Pimax by binding vorpX “Central Positional Tracking” to “Q”. This is much easier to reach and I am able to effortlessly re-center every minute or so as needed.

The Pimax suffers a lot from drift since it only uses gyro tracking. But the Rift with it’s camera tracking should not drift so dramatically. That wont stop my neck from shifting at times though, so I have a habit of hitting Q often.

Maybe try remapping to something convenient for you to see if that helps.

kaossino
    Participant

It’s very strange because in some cases the view does not move, while in others it moves continuously only to the left. For me it is not a problem use alt+space, I was curious to understand why it happens.

RJK_
    Participant

Have you tried recalibrating your virtual room (steamVR) ? I could imagine a faulty calibration causes the problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!