The Sims 4

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Eola667
    Participant

Hi, I decided to create this topic since I finally finished testing every single profile to my knowledge on this game.

Barely anything works, but there’s one profile, ‘Anna’, which manages to grab various elements in this game and reconstruct them as G3D, however it can’t reconstruct enough things to make it playable.

My question with this topic is if it would even be possible to create G3D for this game, since it seems it’s somewhat affected already.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I never checked this one because it’s not really a game that I would consider a typical VR candidate, but it would still be a good addition to the catalog. As always no promises, but I’ll look into it.

Eola667
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, much appreciated. The two things that look most appealing at least for me with this game and VR is the freecam and the first person camera they implemented in one of the patches, those two things with G3D and 1:1 positional head tracking strength would effectively put the player in the simulation.

Eola667
    Participant

Sorry for bumping, but I might have something of interest if having trouble with the camera clipping, the near and far clip planes are editable via GraphicsRules.sgr in the executable directory, search for ‘ClipPlaneDistances’ and there are the values.

HalloMolli
    Participant

Man, Sims 4 has become such a huge game with almost unlimited possibilities with all its dlc and mods. A “real” (G3D) Profile would make a dream come true.

Eola667
    Participant

The profile is already there and it has perfect G3D, it was added some time after I created this topic, check your supported games list, it comes with VorpX.

HalloMolli
    Participant

The profile is already there and it has perfect G3D, it was added some time after I created this topic, check your supported games list, it comes with VorpX.

Thank you for letting me know. In fact, after I realized that vorpx supported Sims 4 (in stereoscopic 3D) I had to buy it a second time. And I am glad I did as I am so happy with the result. Have been playing for 6 hours now in immersive cinema mode and it’s even better than I imagined.

Again: Thank you so much Ralf for your work. This means a lot to me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thank you! BTW: While for actually playing the game immersive screen mode is clearly the way to go, walking around in first person FullVR occasionally is also quite cool. Head tracking is a bit laggy and you have to adjust the FOV with the ingame hot keys, but for a little stroll around the neighborhood every now and then it works well enough.

Mazzle
    Participant

This thread made me go try it too. I’m surprised how cool looking it is in stereo 3d.

(And, it’s a bit cathartic creating a virtual you that can actually leave the house and do stuff. :P)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Awesome new Sims 4 plug-in that utilizes the vorpX modding API for adding better head tracking and motion controller support:

https://github.com/convexvr/sims4-vr

@ convexvr: I accidentally deleted your account since you used a throwaway mail address, which usually means the account is a spam account. Sorry! You’re welcome, of course. If you create a new account, please ideally use an actual mail provider, not some throwaway address to avoid that potentially happen again.

Eola667
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up about this plugin, I want to make it work but I’m running into an input issue, the plugin enables VR via pressing the B button on an Oculus controller, but I have no idea how to send that input if I have Vive wands.

Everything seems to run right, the only thing preventing me from using this is that VR mode is disabled at runtime, and enabled via pressing that key.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That would have to be handled by convexvr in the mod. vorpX’s internal controller mapper deals with that, but the vorpX modding API “just” provides a unified interface for evaluating the actually available buttons on the various VR controllers for greater flexibility on the mod side.

@ convexvr :

If you read this: you could do that fairly easily e.g. by optionally mapping the function to a long A button press or to pressing the A buttons on both hands at the same time. The A button is also available on Vive wands. Other options would be e.g. the grip buttons or the stick buttons if not used for something else in your mod. Both are also available on Vive wands.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!