The Talos Principle displays nothing on startup

Homepage Forums Technical Support The Talos Principle displays nothing on startup

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bji
    Participant

I bought VorpX today just to enable VR support on my DK2 with the Talos Principle, which I also bought today.

I have installed the newest Oculus 0.8 runtime, the newest nVidia driver, and (I presume) the newest VorpX (since it just downloaded today and I have read on this site that the downloader always installs the latest version).

The DK2 works just fine for games and demos that I have used previously; all of them have native VR support.

However, when I run the VorpX program (with the corresponding yellow V in the windows tray), and then run the Talos Principle, I get the standard DK2 disclaimer screen in the DK2 but then only a black screen. I also get nothing but a dark grey screen on my monitor with a mouse cursor in the middle. I can move the mouse cursor but can’t do anything else. I have to ctrl-alt-delete, then show my desktop, to find the task manager showing that The Talos Principle is “not responding”.

I bought VorpX today specifically because The Talos Principle is reported as a supported game. So how can I get this game to work with VorpX?

For what it’s worth, I’m not running any anti virus software, any special 3d drivers or applications or really much of anything at all. I keep this PC free of almost everything, I just use it to run DK2 demos mostly and have very little installed.

Thank you!

bji
    Participant

Oh I should note that I am using Windows 10.

bji
    Participant

Please respond to my posts. I will be asking for a refund if you cannot describe how to make your product satisfy its most basic claims. Thank you!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not everything can be answered immediately. Some things have to be checked first. Thanks for your patience.

The game does not work currently, probably caused by a recent update to the game. Such things can happen sometimes, unfortunately we cannot test every game with every new update that it receives.

An updated profile with the required changes to make it work again will be made available with the next vorpX version.

bji
    Participant

Thank you, that’s all I needed to know. Even if you don’t have an immediate answer to a question, it’s really helpful to provide even minimal feedback. If you had said, “We haven’t tested The Talos Principle recently, it may have broken, we’ll try testing it sometime in the next few days and get back to you”, that would have been sufficient. Anyway, thanks for your response.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I answer as much as I can here, but as most other forums this also is primarily meant for user to user communication. Sorry again that it’s not possible to check everything immediately after you post about a potential issue. You can be sure though that everything is read.

nargorn
    Participant

Does somebody tried the native vr mode lately? i could not start it in vr. running win 10 and runtime 0.7.

bji
    Participant

It’s been over a month – any update on progress? When can I expect a new version of VorpX that will solve this issue? Thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The issue is solved in the current internal buld. A date for the next public version hasn’t been set yet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!