The Witness.

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings The Witness.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    red
    Participant

Anyone tried to get it to hook? Considering the PS4 version if PC version doesn’t yet support VR (either natively or via vorpX).

BuckleBean
    Participant

The Witness has unofficial native support. Just put “-vr” in your launch options. Played for 4 hours today and it’s amazing. Don’t get it if you don’t like puzzles. See here for more info: http://www.theriftarcade.com/how-to-play-the-witness-on-the-oculus-rift/

red
    Participant

That’s great. Cheers for the confirmation.

diziet
    Participant

The native support for the Witness doesn’t cut it for me. My viewpoint is about half the height it should be and I find the ‘comfort mode’ movement rather offputting. Does anyone know if more support for it will be coming via VorpX. I’ve tried it but as the profile says when you load the game, there’s no support for 3D.

On the plus side, despite the lag of 3D the input was smooth, it doesn’t force you to turn in incremental steps like the un-official -vr option and I could play with mouse and keyboard.

tl;dr; If VorpX could add 3D support for this game it would be pretty damn awesome! :D

diziet
    Participant

despite the lag of 3D

Meant to say “despite the lack of 3D”, in case anyone comes here and thinks that VorpXs code was laggy, it’s absolutely not.

matteo39
    Participant

up

matteo39
    Participant

which engine can be similar to the witness?

Smoils
    Participant

which engine can be similar to the witness?

“The Witness uses its own engine developed by Blow and his team…” but other game profiles might still work, usually generic game profiles and only in z3d

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!