thief 2 and vorpx

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings thief 2 and vorpx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

I’ve tried it, but there are problems with g3d..

Have you tried it?

matteo39
    Participant

now is impossible to play to thief2:
    the initial screen freezes, and it is impossible to move the mouse

ndamario
    Participant

I’m trying to get Thief 2 with G3D as well. It hooks but I don’t have a G3d option and there is no 3d effect with Z adaptive and normal.

If you have a problem with VorpX hooking I found that changing the resolution in game with VorpX running in the background gets it to work, but still no 3d.

RJK_
    Participant

Isnt that game DX8 ?

matteo39
    Participant

Isnt that game DX8 ?

maybe, but thief 1 (or 2, i don’t remember) is an official vorpx game, it is supported.

RJK_
    Participant

Thanks for the hint, i couldt find it in my list because it was named “Thief II”. Maybe this fix can help https://www.thief-universe.com/dlfile–id-66.html , not shure.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The Thief 1/2 Gold versions sold on Steam/GOG use a DX9 renderer that was originally written as a fan-mod, allegedly based on leaked source code from the Dreamcast version.

Unfortunately still no G3D since all the actual 3D calculations are done in software and DX9 is only used to draw the already transformed vertices to the screen, so no way for vorpX to create stereo images. At least that’s my working theory, tried quite a while. Sounds reasonable considering that Thief was released in the very early days of 3D gaming years before DX8/9.

matteo39
    Participant

now i can start thief2 (with tafferpatcher), but has only z-normal…

such a shame (rip mark hollis)

matteo39
    Participant

i want to try dgvoodoo2 with thief 2 and system shock 2…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!