Thief (2014) Not Installed?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Thief (2014) Not Installed?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AccessDenied
    Participant

I bought Thief (2014) on steam the day it came out, it’s been installed ever since. When I try to run the optimizer it says that it’s not installed and there is no path. I noticed that some games say “Steam” by them and others don’t. The only reason I bought VorpX is to play these games I have on steam because the website said that these games are supported. I’m starting to think that they’re not.

Is there a way to get these to work off of steam (I’m using the HTC Vive btw), or do I need to just attempt to get a refund for Vorpx?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The Game Settings Optimizer that throws this error is not related to games being supported or not. If the optimizer does not work for some reason, you can either play without the game’s ini being optimized or apply the optinizer fix manually.

The game is still supported, regardless of the optimizer working or not.

In case of Thief 2014 you can adjust the FOV (which is what the game optimizer mainly does) by following the steps below:

1. Open the Windows Registry editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos Montreal\Thief\Graphics\
    3. Double click on “FOVCorrection”
    4. Enter ‭7530‬ hex (30,000 dec). This will set the FOV to 120

iormangund
    Participant

I gave thief a try recently, although it worked without any issues imho it’s not really very well suited to vr. Due to the fact it’s so dark and the resolution/detail is so much lower in vr I actually found it pretty hard to play, not being able to tell where the glass is, the hidden objects etc. Stuff that on a normal screen you would be able to see.

If you do get it working would be interested to hear what you think although tech support probably isn’t the right forum for that :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!