Thief (2014) profile

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Thief (2014) profile

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    madcap
    Participant

It starts, but there’s no DirectVR and all head tracking is inverted (position and rotational tracking comes up as unavailable). VorpX also keeps saying that I need a 4:3 resolution for the FOV calculations even after the 4:3 resolution was automatically set (1920×1440) in Vorpx. I restarted several times.

madcap
    Participant

^^ won’t let me edit. The inverted problem must have been VorpX setting the mouse axis to inverted in game, unless that was the default setting? Setting them back seems to work, it isn’t great. The FOV seems to be correct, despite the messages (not sure if they’re informative or warnings, one is red, the other stays in the top corner in blue on mirror display).

Ralf
    Keymaster

No memory scanner is perfectly normal. Try a full factory reset please on the trouble shooting page of the config app. If you have profiles with settings that you want to keep, drag and drop them from the ‘Local Profiles’ list to your desktop first!

With the default Thief [2014] profile vorpX is supposed to auto-adjust the FOV and apart from that all should just work unless you changed the game’s mouse sensitivity, which would require to re-calibrate head tracking.

Resolution: Can’t recall whether this is the case here, but some games have the unfortunate habit of not allowing resolutions higher than the current desktop res. In such cases you would have to change the desktop res first.

madcap
    Participant

I think I got it running as expected, but the head tracking has a lot of latency, even when running at 80fps. The player camera isn’t translating well for VR either, so I may just play this one on immersion mode or my 21:9. SMAA in this game is also killing g3d, and it looks like classic Doom without it.

Thanks anyway, Ralf, it’s just one of those games. I thought it would be good for sneaking around without a gun obstructing my view. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Surprising assessment, but everyone is different, of course. I remember to have played through the first two hours or so when I made the profile and enjoyed it very much. Games like this are just perfect for FullVR. Don’t really remember whether there was some issue with SMAA, but with a high enough resolution that shouldn’t really be an issue anyway.

madcap
    Participant

I’ll give it another try and try and figure out what’s giving me what feels like a slight input delay.

apollon01
    Participant

Hello,

I am reviving this thread since it is also about Thief (2014), which I grabbed for next to nothing in the current Steam sale.

It does not hook (I will investigate more this evening).

But what surprised me is that there are two pop-ups with the message that vorpX is attaching to XY.exe. I get just one such pop-up with other games (that hook OK). After some time the hooking times out and voila. Can one pop-up prevent the other to hook and vice versa?

I am a bit confused here. Any ideas?
    Thanks,

Milan

apollon01
    Participant

OK, did some testing and here comes the result:

In order to make it hook, I have to follow exactly these steps:
    – run WMR
    – run Thief 2014 from Steam, but only to the launcher
    – run SteamVR
    – run vorpX
    – click on Play in the game launcher

It looks great and is indeed nice experience.

For some reason, vorpX does not allow me to switch to 2160p from the ingame menu. It changes the resolution to 1440p only. So I let it to set the FOV, set manually the desired resolution to 2160p in the registry and then disallowed changing game resolution in vorpX app.

Hope this helps others if having the same issues.

Milan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!