This one is for Ralf

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion This one is for Ralf

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Eychimo
    Participant

Thank you Ralf for this profile. hope this video gets you some subscribers.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks. Glad that the profile – although semi official – is of some use. Fingers crossed that they won’t break it again.

Triskelos
    Participant

This is Awesome, works great. Thanks, Ralf!!!
    But, this will ruin my freetime…as in, I won’t have any because I will be playing Star Citizen with my Rift…LOL
    Thanks again!!!

mpmo
    Participant

does it have geometry 3D?

Eychimo
    Participant

Yes it does, in all 3 modes. Does not take much Strength. I think I have it set at .4 and depth was great.

Thaele
    Participant

with the new update i can no longer get the Viewer to hook it Crashes on startup. Desktopviewer works but not the Hooked one. any suggestions ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please clarify, I don’t really understand the question, sorry. What do you mean by the “hooked one”?

Thaele
    Participant

as in running VorpX vs using the Desktop viewer

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the error “Failed to create window swapchain with 0x80070005” is shown then I am aware of the issue but unable to replicate it here so far, so I can’t offer a solution at this time.

You don’t need the desktop viewer as a Star Citizen workaround anymore though, vorpX now has a semi-official profile. You can just launch the game and vorpX will hook into it.

Thaele
    Participant

yeah I am getting that error now as well in desktop viewer. I wasnt last night.
    does it matter if the Vorpx software is located on a seperate Drive I have Star Citizen on its own SSD.

I will try downloading VorpX again tonight, maybe something went wrong with the update.

Eychimo
    Participant

do not use the desktop viewer. download the star citizen(vorpx) profile from cloud.
    Then just start Star citizen, it will hook on its own. Should not matter where anything is installed. Hope that helps.
    If can not hook, if you are running SC as admin may have to run vorpx as admin too.

morbidexpression
    Participant

As if that broken tech demo wasn’t bad enough, ugh… it’s like space sim Scientology.

Eychimo
    Participant

Here is a possible fix for the Desktop viewer and the swapchain error. If you are using MSI Afterburner, Turn it off and try and start the Desktop Viewer again. In fact, if you are using any software comparable to it, try turning it off too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Great find, thanks for sharing. vorpX has now functionality built in to deal with such conflicts for programs it is aware of, I’ll check whether it’s possible to handle MSI Afterburner automatically that way.

Thaele
    Participant

So I got it Working perfectly, It seems ReShade was the culprit. I was using it previously with the Version before. Once I uninstalled it Worked like a Charm.

The Only Issue using Geometry 3D was the Hud elements(chat , Markers ect) Blinking on and off sometimes.

Thank you For the Great Work !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!