Three small suggestions

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Three small suggestions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    artura
    Participant

So far I’m quite pleased with VorpX after fiddling with it for a few days now. There are a few things though that would make it even better:

1. using the settings menu is a bit awkward sometimes in geo 3d since it does not seem to have depth. When looking at something nearby while in the menu, it’s sometimes hard to focus. A little bit of stereo offset would help greatly with this I think.

2. disabling vertical mouse movement like in the Oculs Tuscany demo would be great. Not sure if that’s doable though.

3. I just discovered the chromatic aberration correction, which works great. Maybe it should be activated per default in all games. DK2 is borderline unusable without it. Took me two days before I saw that option… :)

Trancer Spacey
    Participant

I have a little suggestion too:

It would be helpful to set a desired size-value for edge peak mode. Because when you increase your virtual distance in edge peak mode, because normal edge peak size is still to near and when you switch back then to normal vorpX-focus you have to zoom back to fullscreen manually.

Trancer Spacey
    Participant

Also it should be possible to set some vorpX-keys manually. I have some games I have to run with gamepad emulators. Sometimes you activate with this emulators vorpX-functions like [shift+space], witch causes recentering of the vorpX positional tracking.

For example, I had this in Fallout, when you move the gamepad joystick forward, I set mine to slower movement in pinnacle [shift] and when I simultaneously hit the Y-Button for jumping, vorpX recenters the view unwanted.

Of course you can changing the binding of the controlls in the game itself, but I just wanted to mention it. Perhaps there are a few games out there, where this changing is not quite good possible.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ artura: 1. + 3. sound like a good idea and easy to implement, will be done with the next update. 2. isn’t as easy, but will probably be available for DirectInput games in the next version. Not sure yet how many that are, but a few important ones (Bethesda RPGs for example) are covered.

@ Trancer: The image scale for EdgePeek has been reduced by 10%, maybe that’s enough. Making this user configurable would be easy, but I’m a bit hesitant to add a setting for this, the menu is already pretty overcrowded. Will think about it, but no promises. Key mappings will definitely be configurable in the future, not sure if that will make into the next version. For now I changed [SHIFT][SPACE] to [ALT][SPACE], since I recently experienced exactly your issue myself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!