Thx for the update. Additionally…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Thx for the update. Additionally…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Good update Ralf, thx. Looking forward to the next release, hopefully with an eye to some more games support (especially newer titles from the last 3 years or so).
    Liking the VIVE support too, good stuff.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The recent update is just a hotfix that addresses the two issues mentioned in its release notes. It’s entirely unrelated to the next vorpX version, which will be out before the end of the year.

DiverTough
    Participant

Great news, Ralf. Really looking forward to the vive controller support. Am I too hopeful to think that I will actually be able to aim by moving the vive controller, or will it be straight button emulation with no tracking capability?

AerowynX
    Participant

The recent update is just a hotfix that addresses the two issues mentioned in its release notes. It’s entirely unrelated to the next vorpX version, which will be out before the end of the year.

got my money rdy for when it launches:)

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ DiverTough: vorpX can’t alter the basic control scheme that a game uses unfortunately. Unless a game supports separated aim/look either by itself (which almost no game does) or through a mod, aim and look/walk direction will stay linked to each other. Changing that would require either access to the source code or – in a handful of games whith exceptional modding capabilities – a mod.

TLDR: Aim and look/walk direction will stay linked to each other in almost all games since vorpX can’t change how a game’s basic control scheme is working.

DiverTough
    Participant

I figured. Thanks for the hard work, Ralf. Looking forward to the update regardless.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!