Time to move!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Time to move!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Bored of the current vorpX cinema scene after five years? If not or you aren’t using cinema mode at all, you can safely skip this post.

Otherwise you will get a shiny new cinema mode environment per default in the next vorpX version: a spacious, modern loft. Might not be the most important thing in the world, but the current scene is getting old, so time for something new. All done with great emphasis on lightweight rendering, so despite the realistic look still virtually no impact on game performance. The original scene will still be available, just in case anyone wonders.

Below two preview images. Note that this is work in progress. The scene is not quite finished yet.

cinema loft
    cinema loft

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Cool and look forward to it.Are there any options to turn 2d games into 3d sbs with vorpx ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not quite sure whether I understand the question. Of course vorpX will still be able to add stereo 3D to games, just as always.

If you have further questions in this regard, please make a post in the technical support forum. I’d rather not see a thread becoming totally off topic with the very first reply. Thanks!

steph12
    Participant

i always use no background rendering (black ambiance) with cinematic, but this looks good, nice job :)

RJK_
    Participant

Impressing preview !

jjensson
    Participant

I always prefer the non-distracting ambient background, but this looks very nice indeed, very cozy.

But please, Ralf, don’t remove the current cinema environment, it looks cool too – reminds me of those “video-clubs” from my childhood (small private cinemas in east block countries in the 80s).

Ralf
    Keymaster

No worries, the new environment will become the default, but switching back to the original scene is just one click away.

coppermine64
    Participant

Looking good. Always nice having new things.

ral1239
    Participant

Awesome! Looking forward to this!

walikour
    Participant

is it possible to import his own custom scene ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not currently. Scene creation is a bit of a science in itself with a few things that have to be kept in mind. Also, the final scene composition as used by vorpX is coded in C++, so that last step would have to done by me.

However, if you are a reasonably skilled 3d artist with an interesting idea, I’d be happy to discuss the details with you. If you are interested, shoot me a mail to support at vorpx com.

Alternatively you could render any scene as stereo cubemap/strip/sphere and use that as background in cinema mode. Obviously not as cool as a full 3D-scene, but easier to import into vorpX. You can do that entirely by yourself. Environment images in various formats can simply be imported in the config app.

RJK_
    Participant

Some of these cubemaps look awesome as cinema background, just like youre using your own environment .

render.otoy.com/vr_gallery.php?page=5&ipp=10&sortBy=date_z&searchTerm=&showMonth=june&show_wip=0

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Looking forward to this. I have to be honest I used to ignore the environments and just go with ambient. But I recently started using the cinema environment more and I’m liking it a lot.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!