Titanfall 2 crashes as soon as it starts/won’t hook

Homepage Forums Technical Support Titanfall 2 crashes as soon as it starts/won’t hook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    AllSoDapper
    Participant

Titanfall 2 won’t work. I’ve tried turning off my anti-virus and anything else that the troubleshoot page said might interfere. I hit start on Origin to open up Titanfall 2 it starts loading up alongside the Vorpx hooking message and then after a few seconds it just closes. Would really really wanna play this game with VorpX, if you have any fixes let me know.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably something getting in the way by also hooking into the game.

If you haven’t done so already, please first try to install a hook helper from the ‘Attaching To…’ dialog. Should appear after a minute or so if vorpX can’t hook into a game. That can often resolve hooking problems without getting to the bottom of the matter.

If that doesn’t help, please check for potential conflicts with other programs on your PC. Hooking issues almost always are caused by conflicts with programs that also hook into games. The trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter.

AllSoDapper
    Participant

I’ve tried looking for that option but the game just closes and boots me back to the VorpX config with no option for a hook helper in sight. Unless I’m missing something and am just blind.

AllSoDapper
    Participant

Tried again to see if I could look for that hook helper option. Essentially the game starts booting up and the “Attaching to” box opens up and after about a second after I click the play button for Titanfall both the game and “attaching to…” box close, almost like its crashed on startup. Is there another way to access hook helpers?

AllSoDapper
    Participant

Thought I would put my most recent attempts troubleshoot log here, don’t know if it will help:

INF: App: Attaching to titanfall2.exe, pid:14744 (64bit)
    INF: App: cmd: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2\Titanfall2.exe”

[shortened for readability]

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nothing unusual in the log file unfortunately.

Please check for potential conflicts with other programs on your PC. Hooking issues almost always are caused by conflicts with programs that also hook into games. The trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter. Judging from the running processes in the trouble shoot log you sent earlier you might not have done hat so far.

If you want to use vorpX with Virtual Desktop, you will also have to switch to ‘SteamVR’ in the vorpX config app. VD only works with SteamVR, not with the native Oculus runtime.

If you have both an internal GPU in your CPU and a dedicated graphics card, it might also be worth a shot to disable the integrated GPU in your BIOS.

AllSoDapper
    Participant

Tried my best to go through and uninstall/close anything that would be interfering and still couldn’t get it working. Tried with a fresh install of Windows 11 with the only things installed bar what is auto installed being what I need to run a.k.a. Oculus, Origin, Titanfall 2 and VorpX. Still wouldn’t work. Tried again to go through what is running on my computer but couldn’t find anything to close that fixed it.

I do have an internal GPU in my CPU but my BIOS doesn’t appear to have an option to disable it. This is the only game so far that straight up refuses to run with VorpX.

Don’t know if this is normal for when a game won’t hook but it pretty much just gives me a white screen with the “Attaching to…” box over it and then closes Titanfall 2 and the “Attaching to…” box a few seconds (sometimes it takes longer, around 30 seconds) after they first show up. I’m kinda out of ideas on what to do from here :(

Is there anything in Windows 11 that would cause it to do this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There has to be something that gets in the way. vorpX can hook into the game just fine as shown in your log, but then before it can even fully initialize the game exits for without even a trace of an error in the log.

The only thing left to suggest is trying to diable the Steam/Origin overlay, in case you haven’t done that already. Shouldn’t be necessary, but can’t hurt. Aside from that there isn’t anything left to suggest.

ToxicMike
    Participant

If you don´t care for a full VR experience, play the game with the BIGSCREEN app, that one may have its flaws but does a great job running games who are making troubles with vorpX, i am currently using it to play AVENGERS, ZOMBIE ARMY 3 and WOLFENSTEIN II, so DX12 and Vulcan games also run perfectly well there.

luka2099
    Participant

If you don´t care for a full VR experience, play the game with the BIGSCREEN app, that one may have its flaws but does a great job running games who are making troubles with vorpX, i am currently using it to play AVENGERS, ZOMBIE ARMY 3 and WOLFENSTEIN II, so DX12 and Vulcan games also run perfectly well there.

But bigscreen , have headtracking?

ToxicMike
    Participant

BIGSCREEN is in fact nothing else but another virtual desktop, with several nice features, but you can´t run 2D games in 3D as it is possible in vorpX.

The only downside of bigscreen would be, it drawing more memory from your system than vorpX does (plus a few games causing trouble, they´re not causing with vorpX), so especially graphic intense games cause much stuttering on it (also depending on your rig!), while they run flawlessly on vorpX.

On the other side, i got certain games to run with bigscreen where vorpX falls on its ass…fatality, which is kinda funny when i think of vorpX being superior compared to bigscreen and failing so terribly when it comes to DX12 or games based on the vulcan engine, which are a walk in the park for bigscreen.

Edit: In my list of DX12/Vulcan supported games, which i am playing with bigscreen cause they refuse to work with vorpX, i meant ZOMBIE ARMY 4: DEAD WAR, not “Zombie Army 3”.

Ralf
    Keymaster

BigScreen is just a desktop capture app. You can do the exact same thing with the vorpX desktop viewer by pausing vorpX (tray icon right click > Pause Watcher) while the desktop viewer is running.

ToxicMike
    Participant

BigScreen is just a desktop capture app.

No clue what “bigscreen” you´re talkin about, but i clearly explained what it is.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/457550/Bigscreen_Beta/

Ralf
    Keymaster

BigScreen captures the 2D image as shown on your desktop. That’s literally several orders of magnitude less complex than vorpX in 3D mode, where it not only replicates huge parts of the supported 3D APIs, but also has game specific profiles that take hours, sometimes days, to create in itself for every supported game. Not even remotely the same thing. And that’s not even considering things like head tracking, the various DirectVR functions etc.

You can do the same with the vorpX desktop viewer, which comes as a freebie alongside vorpX:

1. Start the vorpX desktop viewer
    2. Pause the vorpX watcher, so that vorpX doesn’t try to hook into games anymore. (tray icon right click > Pause Watcher)
    3. Make sure to run games windowed or ‘borderless’
    ToxicMike
    Participant

Make sure to run games windowed or ‘borderless’

That´s where i had severl problems with a few DX12/Vulcan games, they were constantly causing troubles, switching to windowed or borderless mode didn´t do it, or at least caused troubles to the point where i got tired of trying and just ran them with bigscreen instead, where they as well were causing a few trobules here and there, but generally did its job.

One game tho, where i had success running it in vorpX windowed mode, is OUTRIDERS, which runs extremely well on vorpX desktop.

Now i was looking for a way to make different game-profile-save-slots for each game i am playing in vorpX-Desktop-Mode, similiar to how i can save each game-profile when hooking into each game, but didn´t found that option yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!