Titanfall 2 Steam + Origin version won’t hook.

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Titanfall 2 Steam + Origin version won’t hook.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BaraB
    Participant

HI, I just got the game on the steam sale and got very excited as I saw the VR gameplay by Bierdo Banjo on youtube. However, I have a different version with both Origin and Steam launcher involved, so it won’t work out of the box.

I try to get it work with Quest 2. Tried both with link and virtual desktop methods, with helper and without but it always launches in a window on my desktop and Steam VR Home starts on the Quest 2.

I guess the official Profile is optimized for the Origin version therefor it won’t hook it correctly, but that’s only a theory from my part.
    Anyone could confirm that it works on Quest with the Steam/Origin version and what is the trick to get it work?

Many thanks for any advice.

Daggett
    Participant

Hello,

I have the Origin version and the Rift S; I bought the game one month ago and it never hooked with Vorpx. I tried without vorpx and it works and with Vorpx it’s stuck on the launch window … Apparently there issues with other games, maybe the next Vorpx version will solve this issue …

sergeant82nd
    Participant

I tested it today with rift s and it worked with the new origin update but you have to be offline mode(I just unplug ethernet cable). I will test the quest 2 later if I get a chance. Sometimes you have to start and quit games to get them to work. AC Valhalla I have to start twice every time but it is awesome to play in vorpx.

sergeant82nd
    Participant

I tested it with quest 2 link and could not get it to hook. I also tested ACV and it works with that. I know that’s a bummer because I wanted to play Titanfall on quest as well. There are a bunch of profiles on the cloud so I guess we can start testing them. If you or anyone else finds one that works please let us know.

Daggett
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for the advice i will test it offline.

For the Quest my advice is to use Virtual Desktop or wait for AirLink update (v28) because the link is not perfect… for example if you use dolphinVR it works with VD but not with the cable.

sergeant82nd
    Participant

I forgot to mention I had admin active for vorpx due to recommendation for ACV don’t know if that makes a difference. Normally I don’t have that on. Anyway back to the point… I thought it might be the Origin/EA thing but I tested SW Jedi Fallen Order (an Origin game) and I could hook with quest 2 and obviously Rift S. I have not had any problems with any other games in vorpx or just full VR with the link quest2 and I have a lot of games. This is the only game so far(Titanfall 2) that I have not been able to hook with Q2 link. In other words Q2 link has worked in every game that I had in Rift S. I want to play in Q2 link more for the resolution buff but it’s a new headset for me and the Rift S is broken in and comfortable. I even have the G2 but it sits there idle because I hate WMR. I tried Virtual desktop a few times but I didn’t get it to work. What is Airlink?

usn09derek
    Participant

Was there ever any clarity on this? Seems lots of people around the forums have had issue. My game crashes on launch, yet other vorpx games work fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!