Tom Raider 2 remake demo shows 3rd person in VR can work well

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Tom Raider 2 remake demo shows 3rd person in VR can work well

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

I just tried this new Tom Raider 2 ‘Fan made’ remake demo yesterday and I have to say that it is so well done that it completely took me by surprise!!! Though not totally ‘Vorpx’ related…I think it is a great example of what to expect for the future of 3rd person gaming in VR. Ralf, if you can accomplish this kind of quality for ‘3rd person’ gaming in vorpx…it would totally solidify your position in the VR relm (not that you not already).

http://tombraider-dox.com/ The demo is about 1.6 gigs but is well worth checking out just to see how 3rd person done properly can work in a totally VR environment. As always though, the camera view can be problematic at times…but the TR series has always suffered from this so it’s nothing new. It is nearly all the complete 1st level of the game re-imagined graphically. More will come later from the ‘Fan’. He has over 10,000 followers/likes since the demo, so it’s gaining popularity very quickly.

This demo runs incredibly smooth on my system and the graphics are at least on par or better than anything available today. Definitely check it out!!!

JacobSinger
    Participant

I don’t see any mention of VR on the page you linked. Am I missing something?

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

I just tried to post more info but it’s not appearing.

Anyway, if you download the demo…just add -vr to the game target icon properties.

JacobSinger
    Participant

Ah, cool. Thanks! Gonna give it a go this afternoon.

dborosev
    Participant

Rise of the tomb raider is AMAZING with cinema mode.

morbidexpression
    Participant

Sure, lots of us have been enjoying 3rd person VR-age for years, via injection drivers or for-VR platformers like Lucky’s Tale. Lately I’ve been quite enjoying Dragon Age: Origins in virtual cinema mode. Never played it when it came out and the geometry 3D makes everything pop nicely, 3rd person over the shoulder for exploration and then switching to overhead for combat.

Would kill for a really nice VR tactical tabletop game — lots of low budget attempts but nothing truly quality that would keep you playing for a long time with good motion controller support and multiplayer. The format really lends itself to peering in closer to a teeming tabletop world for a closer look at little models.

dborosev
    Participant

Unfortunately thatlevel of interaction would require the game to be built for VR. But anno 2071 would be cool to see. Not sure how hard it would be to add, but I think tridef works with it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!