Total War: Napoleon

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles Total War: Napoleon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

If you want to see something epic, give these a try:

Total War: Napoleon (G3D)

This turned out as good as I could have hoped – with full G3D and working shadows. It all looks great, especially when you zoom down to ground level and watch the melee charge chaos!

I also had fun scaling down the battlefield with heavy 3D separation, making the formations really pop, and give the appearance of a miniature toy set. But you’ve never played with your toy soldiers quite like this before 😁.

So I’ve uploaded an additional Miniatures version to try. FullVR mode probably offers the best 3D, but cinema is default for practical reasons. See which you prefer.

– use a 16:9 resolution (1920×1080)
    – set Shader Model to High 3.0 in game

Total War: Empire (G3D)

This one worked the same with a few adjustments. Looks and plays identical. It too has a Miniatures option – kinda neat to see the model ships. You can make all pieces as small as you want by increasing the 3D separation strength.

– use a 16:9 resolution (1920×1080)
    – set Shader Model to High 3.0 in game

Your first battle may open without a mouse cursor. Alt+Tab out and back should fix it and any other artifacts. If not, disable “pointer trails” in you Mouse Properties options. This applies to both games. Enjoy!

*G3D Shadow Treatment to OFF will hide the Orders HUD
    *Tested on Definitive Editions, but not for multiplayer

dellrifter22
    Participant

Valley is 90% off at $1.99 this week. Seems a steal! Will check it out soon, thanks again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!