Touch Controllers

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Touch Controllers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ChuckHead
    Participant

Quick question. When using the touch controllers as a game pad, is there somewhere I can go to remap those bindings? Specifically, can the grip triggers be bumpers rather than ‘edge peek’ and ‘shift’?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The grip triggers on Touch and side buttons on Vive are reserved for vorpX functions in both gamepad and mouse/keyboard mode. Customizability is a good thing unless taken too far, but this is necessary to have some consistency between all profiles and devices. There is no way to convince me of the opposite in this specific case. ;)

Bumpers are mapped to SHIFT (left grip) + the according left/right trigger in gamepad mode on Touch.

ChuckHead
    Participant

Ah gotcha, fair enough. Follow up question, is there a way to tell VorpX to use the game pad over the touch controllers? I was having trouble with the touch controllers where the left bumper mapping wasn’t working (holding shift + LT was still LT contrary to what the controller’s avatar in vorpx was saying), but unfortunately, I’m not having a lot of luck with my solution of using the game pad. Tried telling oculus to forget the two touch controllers, but I just can’t seem to get the game pad to register when vorpx emulation is on.

Anyway, happy New Years! Thanks for all the hard work you’ve put in to this, and I truly appreciate the support. Oh, and absolutely feel free to not read this post until later when it’s not a national holiday for people to celebrate not working :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

You may have to release other buttons first before the shift mapping is actually active. Implementing two different mappings on a device is a surprisingly complex matter if you want to avoid unwanted key presses during the shift change, but at the same some dual key presses actually are wanted.

If you want to use a real gamepad, switching the Touch controllers to Keyboard/Mouse in the vorpX menu will do the trick.

A word of advice if I may: invest an hour to get used to the keyboard/mouse Touch mode. More time than you would believe went into figuring that out, trying all sorts of things until it was finalized. It works fairly well after getting used to it. All things considered better than Touch as gamepad for my taste and definitely a lot more fun than having your hands fixed in front of you by using a gamepad.

ChuckHead
    Participant

Yeah, touch controllers were pretty tempting. Spent much of the weekend trying every which way to get it to work, but every way I looked at it, I’m just one button short. Oh well, thanks for the kb/mouse fix, that seems to do the trick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!