TrackIR for Desktop Viewer

Homepage Forums Technical Support TrackIR for Desktop Viewer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    libru97
    Participant

Since Star Citizen has got EAC some time ago, it’s no longer possible to use a profile with it. In this regard: why can’t we have profiles without hooking into the game, but displaying the game in a game specific desktop view (best with only capturing game window and not whole desktop)?

Anyway, back to topic: I still like to play SC in VR, but am using Desktop Viewer (or Virtual Desktop tbh). I have a HP Reverb, so I would really appreciate to be able to use OpenXR, because it seems to be more performant than using Steam VR/ OpenVR. BUT: then I am loosing headtracking (via TrackIR), cause I still need OpenTrack to do that, so currently still am using Steam VR.

As far as I understood VorpX does have a TrackIR emulation. But this is only usable if VorpX detects the game being able to use it, which it cannot when using Desktop Viewer (hence the first paragraph). Would it be possible to enable this TrackIR emulation in Desktop Viewer?

libru97
    Participant

Since Star Citizen has got EAC some time ago, it’s no longer possible to use a profile with it. In this regard: why can’t we have profiles without hooking into the game, but displaying the game in a game specific desktop view (best with only capturing game window and not whole desktop)?

Anyway, back to topic: I still like to play SC in VR, but am using Desktop Viewer (or Virtual Desktop tbh). I have a HP Reverb, so I would really appreciate to be able to use OpenXR, because it seems to be more performant than using Steam VR/ OpenVR. BUT: then I am loosing headtracking (via TrackIR), cause I still need OpenTrack to do that, so currently still am using Steam VR.
    https://xender.vip/
    As far as I understood VorpX does have a TrackIR emulation. But this is only usable if VorpX detects the game being able to use it, which it cannot when using Desktop Viewer (hence the first paragraph). Would it be possible to enable this TrackIR emulation in Desktop Viewer?

I got this,…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!