translate vr physical walking movement into any pc game

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion translate vr physical walking movement into any pc game

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Farutos
    Participant

Hello please how to translate vr physical walking movement into any pc game, i am curious about game “Shadows of doubt”
    if its not possible in vorpx eg due to direct vr direct x, would it be able by some steam motion tools like natural locomotion or vrrocker?

shadows of doubt (voxel)

Shadows of Doubt in VR with vorpx is very immersive.
    byu/Objectionne inShadows_of_Doubt

Farutos
    Participant

and basically why catwalk c and virtuix omni can translate movement into arrow keys, but headset/vorpx cannot?

Farutos
    Participant

and another question, maybe also odd, but since quest headset or at least some or multiple headset can figure out movement, positions that you are close to boundary, and even project to direct vr games, why vorpx cannot make use of this data?

onetoo
    Participant

I would think some kind of arm swing or vrocker sway could be implemented seeing as VorpX is using positional data for gestures already. I think the biggest benefit would be using it with OpenXR or the Oculus driver since the current third party solutions both rely on the steam OpenVR driver.

Smoils
    Participant

You can do it via vr controllers, there are several apps like natural locomotion etc or I have cybershoes for example and what those do is they translate their motion type into vr controller thumbstick input, which vorpx then picks up and translates into game input.

Natural locomotion works the easiest, by default its armswinger, but can even use phones on legs or put controllers on legs and use gamepad for other input.

Point is it works. Mirrors edge one is quite fun with NaLo and armswinger in vorpx

Farutos
    Participant

Thankss for suggestion, however i tried nalo and it works quite awkwardly, it works seldomly but when it does, its very cumbersome, the display is literally shaking since it register movement as humping from side to side, so basically while moreless i walk slowly i have to move by hands quickly or even when i move hands quickly the depiction of display is as i was running swinging drunk from side to side on a ship during a strom at ocean, the image of screen is shaking too much. Maybe its better with a phone or tracker mounted to leg.

Furthermore hardware stuff like htc trackers not sure if supposed to be at place like kat loco need bases to track i think so you cant leave the room. If natural locomotion app could be due similar reason not supposed to be walking with it really but staying in place.
    Kat loco not sure if those need bases, but perhaps are slower, can be used only at place, and cannot be used like fbt full body tracking or tracking real world objects.

Thanks for your suggested cyberhoes or walkovr perhaps could be better. I think there are some special trackers even for 50 euroes

onetoo
    Participant

I used to use Natural Locomotion with JoyCons strapped to my legs. It worked well enough though they didn’t stop on the dime. The problem was, the app doesn’t work with the Oculus driver or OpenXR, and the SteamVR driver is unplayable with VorpX for my setup. Also, you have to use an older version of SteamVR because NatLo support is nonexistent these days. I’m looking for ways to do it on my own maybe using Auto Oculus Touch or the OpneXR Python library, though I would lose the built in VorpX gestures.

Wehrwolfi
    Participant

I started the natural locomotion with NaLo and a phone on each ankle. It worked quite good but Iwanted more freedom for immersion… I play wireless, I don’t want to attach things to my body. That’s why I stopped using it.

Then I tried Vrocker. I found nearly the same performance but I didn’t have to attach any external sensor. Since, I use it always, sometimes with only a phone for hip tracking in fps.

Never tried it on flat games until I red your post! It feels weird but… it works! I can confirm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!