Tried it all – VorpX won’t attach

Homepage Forums Technical Support Tried it all – VorpX won’t attach

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    slickjoelusaf
    Participant

Hi all, I have a brand new MSI GF65 laptop, i5-9xxx with an rtx 2060, plenty or ram and HD space.

I have failed to get titanfall 2 or VLC to work using vorpx with my oculus quest 2 (with cable).

I installed vorpx and oculus software (twice now)

I uninstalled Nortonlock and disabled all the settings in windows defender.

Also uninstalled: skype, msi dragon center, nvidia experience & control center

I made the rtx card the default graphics option (bios didn’t have the setting, so I disabled the Intel graphics card in the device manager).

I tried combinations of installing and running with admin rights.

Has anyone else had any issues like this? Thanks all!

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you didn’t do that already, please first try the options offered in the ‘Attaching to…’ dialog after a while, i.e. installing hook helpers to the game folder and the alternative hooking method. One of these options should help with the majority of hooking issues without having to get the bottom of the matter.

If that does not help, please try to launch a few games, afterwards create a trouble shooting data archive in the config app and sent that to support at vorpx com. Maybe I can spot something in the logfiles or your system config that you overlooked.

slickjoelusaf
    Participant

Thank you for the response. I thought VLC would be the least difficult program for the attachment, but I’m wrong. TF2 now works, without hook helpers – even with windows defender protection in.

Thanks again for your time and program!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Check whether DX11 is set as renderer in VLC. vorpX normally does that automatically, but maybe that failed for some reason, e.g. if you disabled automatic settings or vorpX can’t locate the settings file.

usn09derek
    Participant

I’m in the same situation as OP and I really don’t understand how he fixed this. What is VLC first of all?

Been looking forward to playing this for 2 years in vorpx and nothing but problems, but of course all other games are fine. I don’t get it. Crashes on boot without asking me for a hook helper.

Ralf
    Keymaster

VLC is a video player app.

If you encounter frequent hooking issues with games that are known to work normally, there almost certainly is something running on your PC that also hooks into games and thus creates a conflict with vorpX.

Try to disable EVERYTHING you may have running in the background. Especially any GPU/CPU utilities, any gaming related tools, messengers, screen recording apps, PC vendor bloatware etc. Ideally don’t have anything running in the background that wouldn’t be there after a fresh, clean Windows install.

The trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter.

usn09derek
    Participant

VLC is a video player app.

If you encounter frequent hooking issues with games that are known to work normally, there almost certainly is something running on your PC that also hooks into games and thus creates a conflict with vorpX.

Try to disable EVERYTHING you may have running in the background. Especially any GPU/CPU utilities, any gaming related tools, messengers, screen recording apps, PC vendor bloatware etc. Ideally don’t have anything running in the background that wouldn’t be there after a fresh, clean Windows install.

The trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter.

It’s odd because I spend hours disabling everything and troubleshooting fallout NV until you recommended I download the beta. That instantly worked because the other version would not prompt me for dx9 at all.

I’m running that same beta here and it’s very similar, crash at start.

I sent you a zip file if you have a moment to investigate. Could it be the beta version I’m own? I know this is the first modern-ish game I’ve attempted to run.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Might just have been coincidence. Depending on which app hooks first a hooking conflict can sometimes cause no issue at all and the next time crash a game entirely.

I don’t see any super obvious trouble maker in your process list, but the HP overlay is something you might to want to check. If that is some kind of game overlay, it’s definitely a high level candidate. Same for the HP System Optimizer. Stuff like that may occasionally be more than useless bloatware, but it comes with a high potential for hooking conflicts.

Not sure if I recommended that earlier already, but since your PC is a laptop, also try to disable the internal GPU entirely in the BIOS if possible. If a game launches on the iGPU while the headset is connected to discrete GPU, things won’t work at all.

usn09derek
    Participant

Might just have been coincidence. Depending on which app hooks first a hooking conflict can sometimes cause no issue at all and the next time crash a game entirely.

I don’t see any super obvious trouble maker in your process list, but the HP overlay is something you might to want to check. If that is some kind of game overlay, it’s definitely a high level candidate. Same for the HP System Optimizer. Stuff like that may occasionally be more than useless bloatware, but it comes with a high potential for hooking conflicts.

Not sure if I recommended that earlier already, but since your PC is a laptop, also try to disable the internal GPU entirely in the BIOS if possible. If a game launches on the iGPU while the headset is connected to discrete GPU, things won’t work at all.

It runs. I basically disabled everything but I’m not sure that’s what worked.
    I disabled the integrated gpu and it shut down my laptop and had to do a full reset.
    Powered on and vorpx wouldn’t start.
    Then I got an update to vorpx after running it as admin.
    Restarted again and again, vorpx wouldn’t start. Enabled integrated gpu and Ran as administrator and bam, worked. Wtf man.

Looks and plays great and was worth the frustration. There’s something going on with my display resolution, integrated gpu, and vorpx that I don’t quite understand yet.

usn09derek
    Participant

Now its not working again. Restarted my pc and running the same exact settings and its not working. I’ve probably got close to 20 hours troubleshooting this by this point.

usn09derek
    Participant

It’s definitely something tied to my integrated gpu and screen resolution. Even when I disable it still crashes now.

usn09derek
    Participant

I stayed up most the night trying to figure this out.

No idea. I got it to work randomly with running the screen resolution at native 1080p and disabling the integrated gpu then enabling it, but now if I load the game, the perspective is overhead. I saved and exited the game and it was fine. I didn’t touch any settings and now I’m 40ft tall and clipping through geometry and the world is super small under me. The gun is absolutely massive too.

I tried messing with the geometry settings and something is way off. I reset everything and its the same problem.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!