Trojan detected by windows defender in vorpConfig.exe

Homepage Forums Technical Support Trojan detected by windows defender in vorpConfig.exe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    inviktus
    Participant

Hello Vorpx community!

I bought vorpx a while ago and haven’t had any issues with it, until today when windows defender reported finding malicious code in some vorpx files..

screencapture of the issue:
    https://goo.gl/photos/531M3dm3jr6LXDkB8

I’ve quarantined this for now, I hope I don’t have to remove vorpx completely.
    I have googled around and found past reports of viruses in vorpx. Please shed some light on this.

Thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No issue here with the latest Windows Defender definitions (1.251.318.0) from earlier today.

Please make sure that your Defender definitions are up-to-date.

Also make sure that your vorpX is updated to the latest version 17.2.3.

If you still see that issue afterwards, you might have catched a virus elsewhere that infects other .exe files on your PC – although that is quite unlikely.

In general: while Windows Defender is not known to cause such problems usually, false positive detections happen from time to time – especially with more aggresive virus scanners – since vorpX “hooks” into other programs. Such things are best reported to the antivirus-vendor in question as a false positive, so they can fix the problem.

mj2000
    Participant

Hello,

Just wanted to say I’m also seeing this issue for the first time today, after having vorpX installed for more than a year. The version number attached to vorpControl.exe is 17.2.2.0. I see your advice about updating to 17.2.3 and will try that.

Just FYI: my Windows Defender signature version is 1.251.428.0
    Here is the information link on the trojan associated with the signature, in case that helps you, should you decide to make changes to alter your own signature.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure that your vorpX is updated to the latest version 17.2.3.

If you still see that issue afterwards, you might have catched a virus elsewhere that infects other .exe files on your PC – although that is quite unlikely.

In general: while Windows Defender is not known to cause such problems usually, false positive detections happen from time to time – especially with more aggresive virus scanners – since vorpX “hooks” into other programs.

SUCH THINGS ARE BEST REPORTED TO THE ANTIVIRUS VENDOR IN QUESTION AS A FALSE POSITIVE, SO THEY CAN FIX THE PROBLEM.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!