Tron 2.0/Thief 2014

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Tron 2.0/Thief 2014

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stryker_66
    Participant

Just tried Tron 2.0 and no problem with hooking Vorpx. This game has a massive potential due to the style of graphics and nature of the game. The graphics look extremely clean in my rift. Also using a resolution of 3840 x 2880 4:3 ratio and looks great! But it is too bad that there is a serious issue with the hand and disc model. They are so dam large and a custom FOV or an increase of 3D strength cannot help on this one….this seems to be a inherent issue with games made using the Lithtech engine….does anyone know of a console command or mod that can remove the hand/weapon model? I would love to play this game without those obnoxiously large hand/weapon models. I would be happy with just a basic cross hair or dot. This game just screams potential for an immersive experience. Unfortunately, the hand/disc is so dam large which also make it appear that hand/disc is at my feet. Ruins the experience :-(

This is not a Vorpx issue but perhaps a mod or console command can help, thought I check if anyone has an ideas…..

P.S. Set up Thief 2014 with custom FOV and some ini tweaks to clean up the graphics. I prefer the 16:9 ratio on this one. Using a resolution of 3840×2160 and have to say that although the game is not that good, the immersion with this set up is quite good. I’ve had a pretty good play through of the first couple of levels. Very good in VR with the first person animations, lock picking, stealing, knocking out guards etc….pretty good Vorpx experience on this one.

haints
    Participant

I was hoping the Thief profile worked well. I’ll have to give it a go. Thanks for the recommendation!

LukeRoss
    Participant

@Stryker_66 Try this one: from the Tron.exe launcher, select Options, write +DrawGuns 0 in the Command Line, make sure that “Always pass command line arguments to the game” is checked, and confirm with OK.

LukeRoss
    Participant

Also, instead of hiding the weapons completely, you might want to experiment with +PVModelFOV <n> (the default value is +PVModelFOV 75). Unfortunately the console is disabled in Tron 2.0, or at least it is in my copy, so you cannot tweak the weapon FOV value in realtime during play.

Stryker_66
    Participant

@LukeRoss

Thanks man!!!!! The +DrawGuns 0 worked like a charm and that is exactly what I was looking for. Going to do a full play through in VR.

In regards to your VR conversion of No One Lives Forever 2, yes!!!!! In fact I’ve been playing this recently and what you’ve done with that is phenomenal work, thank you!!!!! I especially like what you’ve done with the cut scenes which gives a different perspective of telling the story, NOLF 2 is such a hilarious game and is on my top list of favorite games.

LukeRoss
    Participant

Very glad that you liked the mod!! I spent a lot of time getting the cutscenes just right, I’m happy that it was worthwhile.

Re: Tron 2.0, do you have MSAA working? Those jagged edges on the neon-like, well, everything, are truly bothersome and ruin the 3D effect a bit…

hot00frb
    Participant

Hey guys I’m trying tron 2.0 for first time in vorp, there is a tron 2.0 profile but the game doesn’t look right. The camera is shaking (twitchy) and fov looks to zoomed. Need some helpppp new to vorp so sorry I’m advance for the noobness

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!