Trouble with Fallout 3 and 8:9 mode

Homepage Forums Technical Support Trouble with Fallout 3 and 8:9 mode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Geoman
    Participant

Hello vorpX – community !

First of all thank you vorpX Developers – your software is worth every cent! I love experiencing my games on the DK2!

Because I have a weaker graphics card (AMD 7750), I was happy to gain lots of fps using the “8:9 Hack”. Especially The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion runs in 960×1080 with the help of the “FOV Modifier”.

Everything is beautiful and in around 40fps with the game main menu correctly scaled to 8:9 ascpect ratio. The game inventory and menus, too – edge peek is very helpful. So Oblivion is a clear recommendation.

Unfortunately, the newer games based on this engine, Fallout 3 and NV have problems: In both games, the main menu does not scale to mentioned resolution, so I start new games or load saves by moving the cursor, listening to the selection-click and go. So far so good.

But here is the catch: although both games run in 8:9 considerably faster, I cannot play them, because if I enter a new area (room or house in megaton for example), they crash. “Fallout has stopped working – Windows is checking for a solution to the problem”.

Of course I could buy a faster gfx-card and go back to 1920*1080 which works. But perhaps somebody knows a solution to this problem.

Best,
    Geoman

Ralf
    Keymaster

You could try a 4:3 or 5:4 resolution like 1280×1024. Those are directly supported by the games and even have a few advantages in regard to async timewarp.

Geoman
    Participant

Thank you! I will try this and report here!

Geoman
    Participant

Thank you Ralf!

iSize W=1280
    iSize H=1024

works great !!

all Problems solved now !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!